Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rockice_8

Futures Thread

Recommended Posts

So I'm not going to post the link to garbage but ESPN came out with the 3 year projections for teams and we ranked 28th.  Behind us was ARI, MIA, NYG, and I forget the other team.  I won't even click to the link to find out because they don't deserve the click.

Anyway figured it would be something to laugh about for the next 10 days before TC.

I mean with a young QB like Sam I think that pretty much pushes you out of the bottom 5 easily and probably closer to 20 automatically even if you hated the rest of the roster.  We also have a nice collection of good young players and just added the best RB in football in his prime (last time he played at least).  I mean it's laughable to have them that low just based on Sam alone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

So I'm not going to post the link to garbage but ESPN came out with the 3 year projections for teams and we ranked 28th.  Behind us was ARI, MIA, NYG, and I forget the other team.  I won't even click to the link to find out because they don't deserve the click.

Anyway figured it would be something to laugh about for the next 10 days before TC.

I mean with a young QB like Sam I think that pretty much pushes you out of the bottom 5 easily and probably closer to 20 automatically even if you hated the rest of the roster.  We also have a nice collection of good young players and just added the best RB in football in his prime (last time he played at least).  I mean it's laughable to have them that low just based on Sam alone.  

People always crap on the Jets. Even when we were a top 5 team, we were still considered garbage. I'm happy with our outlook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's just so crazy low.  Like If they said they were 22nd we'd all be like that's horrible we should be higher.  

But 28th?  BUF, CIN, WAS, ARI, MIA, NYG, DEN, TB, TEN.

I could make an argument we should easily be ahead of those teams at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Yeah it's just so crazy low.  Like If they said they were 22nd we'd all be like that's horrible we should be higher.  

But 28th?  BUF, CIN, WAS, ARI, MIA, NYG, DEN, TB, TEN.

I could make an argument we should easily be ahead of those teams at the very least.

Like NJ PAINT, said this knocking the Jets and calling them dysfunctional has been going on for years. ESPN is full of a bunch of JIVE Turkeys who like to hear themselves talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bottom line is we are bad and we are dysfunctional until proven otherwise. Nothing that has occurred in the last 12 months changes that.

 

Yes, we love our New York Jets but let's not pretend we are a normal, well-run operation. We are anything but.

 

And stop propping up Sam Darnold as the next Mark Messier, who is going to take New York by storm and turn around this franchise singlehandedly. He has enough pressure as is.

 

When it comes to our Jets, expect the worst at all times and you may actually enjoy a crumb or two of success during the season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honk that projection is off but I can’t argue it really either. Bc outside of a couple young players... most out young talent hasn’t proved themselves yet.

Lets break it down...

QB: Darnold. Most seem to think he will be good. But his sample size is very small now. His trajectory should be clearer after this season.

RB: we have no young talent here.

WR: Robby shows flashes, but needs to be more consistent to be looked at as a great weapon. Could prove that this year. Everyone else I’d say isn’t what you’d consider “young” talent.

TE: Herndon. Much like Darnold. The sample size just isn’t enough to say he will be really good. And Wesco is a rookie so obviously he’s not proven.

OL: She’ll is our only younger OLineman and he hasn’t been consistent enough.

 

So on offense we have no legit true proven young talents.

 

DL: Leo shows flashes and is good and probably one of the few players we could say is proven and young. He just needs actual more production to get more respect. Q is a rookie so he’s not proven anything yet.

LB: Mosley and Williamson are too old to be considered young talents. Jenkins I think could take a leap this year and be a talent to recognize and Polite is a rookie so unproven.

Secondary. Adams is our only sure fire young talent that’s proven. Maye has been good when healthy but that when healthy has been an issue. At CB there’s decent talent there with upside... but no one proven for a time long enough to say they’re a good young talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I honk that projection is off but I can’t argue it really either. Bc outside of a couple young players... most out young talent hasn’t proved themselves yet.

Lets break it down...

QB: Darnold. Most seem to think he will be good. But his sample size is very small now. His trajectory should be clearer after this season.

RB: we have no young talent here.

WR: Robby shows flashes, but needs to be more consistent to be looked at as a great weapon. Could prove that this year. Everyone else I’d say isn’t what you’d consider “young” talent.

TE: Herndon. Much like Darnold. The sample size just isn’t enough to say he will be really good. And Wesco is a rookie so obviously he’s not proven.

OL: She’ll is our only younger OLineman and he hasn’t been consistent enough.

 

So on offense we have no legit true proven young talents.

 

DL: Leo shows flashes and is good and probably one of the few players we could say is proven and young. He just needs actual more production to get more respect. Q is a rookie so he’s not proven anything yet.

LB: Mosley and Williamson are too old to be considered young talents. Jenkins I think could take a leap this year and be a talent to recognize and Polite is a rookie so unproven.

Secondary. Adams is our only sure fire young talent that’s proven. Maye has been good when healthy but that when healthy has been an issue. At CB there’s decent talent there with upside... but no one proven for a time long enough to say they’re a good young talent.

We really only need Darnold to show that he's the real deal to open our window though. If he comes out this year and balls, we should be on the the most favored teams to win it all considering we still have great cap room with many of the key pieces in place. It's not like we're talentless. Bell & Anderson are real weapons. Adams, Mosley, Leo and Q are real defensive pieces. It's just that they are on the Jets.

Mosley on the Ravens = "Top 5 MLB for sure"

Mosley on the Jets = "Overpaid and overrated"

Leveon on the Steelers = "One of the best playmakers in the league"

Leveon on the Jets = "Lazy and I'm not sure he has it anymore."

Honestly, if Brady retired today, we'd automatically become playoff favorites. That's how close we are to being a top tier team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the new GM will change that, but ESPN is honestly a joke and they have become unwatchable in terms of Sports Center or anything else they put out. Their credibility is gone. That being said, we do need a lot more young talent. We have a much better team this year, but in terms of young players with high upside, we still lack a considerable amount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I honk that projection is off but I can’t argue it really either. Bc outside of a couple young players... most out young talent hasn’t proved themselves yet.

Lets break it down...

QB: Darnold. Most seem to think he will be good. But his sample size is very small now. His trajectory should be clearer after this season.

RB: we have no young talent here.

WR: Robby shows flashes, but needs to be more consistent to be looked at as a great weapon. Could prove that this year. Everyone else I’d say isn’t what you’d consider “young” talent.

TE: Herndon. Much like Darnold. The sample size just isn’t enough to say he will be really good. And Wesco is a rookie so obviously he’s not proven.

OL: She’ll is our only younger OLineman and he hasn’t been consistent enough.

 

So on offense we have no legit true proven young talents.

 

DL: Leo shows flashes and is good and probably one of the few players we could say is proven and young. He just needs actual more production to get more respect. Q is a rookie so he’s not proven anything yet.

LB: Mosley and Williamson are too old to be considered young talents. Jenkins I think could take a leap this year and be a talent to recognize and Polite is a rookie so unproven.

Secondary. Adams is our only sure fire young talent that’s proven. Maye has been good when healthy but that when healthy has been an issue. At CB there’s decent talent there with upside... but no one proven for a time long enough to say they’re a good young talent.

Crowder and Montgomery are 26 and Enunwa , Bell, Williamson and Mosely are only 27.  Imo, all of them have been good at some point and imo could have at least 3 good years left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Espn has become a shell of its former self but I don’t think they’re too far off, we have some young talent but they need to prove it on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×