Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

3 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

This is just false based on everything else Rodgers has said this offseason. He has said they are friends, that he likes the offense and that it works. His not wanting joint practices has more to do with the live drills, mentions Trevor getting hurt, and the fact that their scheme is vanilla during them. This is a Florio take and I am sure it will be up on ProFootballTalk.com shortly.

I think all he means is that he isn't going to keep it to himself when they do happen to disagree. That's all. And yeah that headline trying to do the same crap they've been trying for weeks is getting old.

I think people have the wrong idea about these joint practices; your not evaluating your team, your evaluating one on ones and unit play. For instance if Adams beats JA whom we feel is very good but then can't get by an opposing teams CB whom we think is trash we have some work to do. If the timing of the Oline is off against an unusual front thats something to work on. If Gary has learned that Bahk falls for his swim then he will set him up for it but perhaps a lineman whom he hasnt faced 30 times in the past week will not fall for that so its up to gary to increase his portfolio of moves and do some research on the linemen he will be facing. This can be said about every position group and one on ones; the least position affected by these drills I think is QB so Aaron would get less out of this than any other player aside from reps which he could get in a normal practice. This is my take so if the entirety of a defense looks bad I really do not care same with the offense but if a unit is struggling then its time to re-evaluate.

Rodgers is simply at a point in his career where the path of least resistance is preferred. He doesn't feel the reward outweighs the risk, so he isn't in favor. Not surprised. You'd probably hear something totally different if he were in year 2

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

Spriggs released? Shocker...

Light looks good, Nijman and De Beer both seemed PS worthy to me. My guess is they'll stash one on the roster now and the other to PS. Either way, Spriggs was never going to be starting caliber. I wonder what that injury was, trap is an odd injury to see. 

Just now, boratt said:

I was getting flack earlier for saying this guy is not a good football player. Glad to see him gone. He’s had every opportunity to show something and just hasn’t. 

Lots of Spriggs supporters. I wanted to be ......his time just ran out

I saw Turner to LT today. They probably feel like if something happens they have light and Turner, who are both better than Spriggs and then inside they have a Bunch of guys so Turner can move. Jenkins would probably play tackle better than Spriggs too.

8 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Spriggs released? Shocker...

Waived/Injured is what you have to do before you put someone on IR.  Now if he 's not in their plans, they can reach an injury settlement and cast him adrift, but if he's not claimed (who claims an injured guy?) he's headed to IR.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Waived/Injured is what you have to do before you put someone on IR.  Now if he 's not in their plans, they can reach an injury settlement and cast him adrift, but if he's not claimed (who claims an injured guy?) he's headed to IR.

Someone will claim him. Spriggs could still easily turn things around. I thought he looked pretty good last season tbh. 

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

Someone will claim him. Spriggs could still easily turn things around. I thought he looked pretty good last season tbh. 

Or, you could wait until he's healthy (if an injury settlement is reached) and sign him then.

Name guys get waived/injured after preseason injuries all the time, none of them are ever claimed.  No point in wasting a roster spot on a guy who cannot participate because he is injured. 

Injury or not, if they thought he was good he’d be here. They don’t value him because now he’s available to any team. 

Lafleair said he was happy with the first second and third team lines. Said our guys controlled the line of scrimmage the last two days. They like the guys they have.

Archived