Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

25 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

One question I have on Spriggs is even if he's not in your future plans, if the reason you put him on IR is "this is really an injury with a long recovery time" do you consider keeping him on IR for the whole year for the comp pick you'd get after someone else signs him?

What? Comp pick? How much do you think a team is going to give him in free agency. Only 32 of those picks are given out and he's not going to get one of the top 32 free agent contracts. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're supposed to say the positive stuff and skip the part about disagreeing with the way the coach is running practice on a day you lost two players.

I've personally never cared if players toe the company line or not. They have opinions and I'd like to hear them (most of them anyway).

Who really cares if Rodgers doesn't like the joint practices and the coach does, doesn't even come close to being a rift between them like the media make it out to be every time theres something little that happens between them out of context or something. Probably more than half the squad hates it after the Lonnie Johnson hit on Sternberger which a lot of the leaders on the team were not too fond of.

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

Who really cares if Rodgers doesn't like the joint practices and the coach does, doesn't even come close to being a rift between them. Probably more than half the squad hates it after the Lonnie Johnson hit on Sternberger which a lot of the leaders on the team were not too fond of.

Rodgers seemed more annoyed that Davis went down. 

24 minutes ago, Golfman said:

What? Comp pick? How much do you think a team is going to give him in free agency. Only 32 of those picks are given out and he's not going to get one of the top 32 free agent contracts. 

It's not quite as simple as being one of the top 32 contracts. Many of those contracts will be cancelled out by FA additions.

3 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

It's not quite as simple as being one of the top 32 contracts. Many of those contracts will be cancelled out by FA additions.

I'm aware but Spriggs would not garner one of the top 50 or more contracts and thinking we'd get a comp pick for him is fools gold. 

Solid DL like Lowry get a few mil per year. Quality TEs like Lewis get a couple mil. If there wasn’t a such thing  as a vet minimum, they’d probably offer Spriggs a place to sleep in the garage and dibs on the old practice equipment before it goes in the dumpster for a shot at the roster. He wouldn’t get to pick through the stuff until the kitchen staff and summer help dug through first. But there is a vet minimum. That’s what Spriggs will get. Then he’ll be selling tires shortly after with Jeff Janis.

Archived