The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Honestly, I'm not a CC fan. I just don't really have any idea what he's ever trying to do. He micromanages the bullpen like crazy, has no idea who to throw in the leadoff spot (TBF, everyone sucks right now but I'd throw Arcia there or even Braun), and is in love with Hernan Perez for some reason. I dunno, I just don't have much faith in him.

I'm not huge on him, but right now, there's not a ton he can do. When legitimately nobody is getting on base with any consistency and you're getting zero timely hitting, it makes things pretty tough on the manager.

The bullpen management is where my primary complaint comes in. 

I'm ready to go young at 2B though. Call up Dubon. He can't possibly be worse than Villar and Sogard is quickly regressing back to being Eric Sogard.

• Like 1

Yeah, most of my issue with him is bullpen management. The lineup issue has more to do with the fact that he continues to plug Villar in there when he plays. I know Villar isn't getting a lot of burn at the moment but, holy hell, why even put him there at all?

I put Ryan Braun leadoff. He's murdering the baseball, he's just getting unlucky. I think he could be one hell of a table setter when we severely need one.

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I'm not huge on him, but right now, there's not a ton he can do. When legitimately nobody is getting on base with any consistency and you're getting zero timely hitting, it makes things pretty tough on the manager.

The bullpen management is where my primary complaint comes in. 

I'm ready to go young at 2B though. Call up Dubon. He can't possibly be worse than Villar and Sogard is quickly regressing back to being Eric Sogard.

This is where I am. He's got a flawed roster that is a year or two away, so you can argue about who should bat where or which reliever should be in which spot, but it doesn't really matter because the warts on the team are going to be shown sooner or later. There's no manager who is going to fix 2-7 billion with RISP or a bullpen that has Carlos Torres, Oliver Drake, a not-yet-fixed Jeremy Jeffress, and one lefty. Especially when your SP options include Geurra-Suter-Garza. That's just brutal. 

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think having a flawed roster this season is a bad thing. We know Villar and Broxton aren't part of the future now, but we couldn't have seen that coming last year. By playing them a bunch it hurts us now, but makes sure we know that Brinson needs to be the CF of the future and Dubon or an outside guy needs to be in the mix at 2B. We know Suter is a better fit for the bullpen and that Guerra was a flash in the pan. That's all good info, and it's just part of the downside of dumpster diving. If we don't find them, we might not give Domingo Santana or Manny Pina playing time and realize that they are actually good.

The only thing that really bothers me is the limited action that Hader is seeing. And even that might be a mandate from management if he's having a bunch of side sessions, straight up limiting his innings, or if they are planning on moving him back to the rotation in September.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Can we DFA Villar yet?

Remember when he turned down a $40 Million extension? Good times. 

He's been worth -0.9 fWAR and I'd imagine that drops to an even -1.0 after tonight. 

He has a 56 wRC+, a .275 OBP, 31.4% K rate and he's a garbage 2B on the field. He's not even a AAA player.