Bitcoin

BayRaider

20 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

This is around the time overly fearful people who don't know anything have their time to shine and tell the overly greedy people who don't know anything and have been bragging abut their 1000% gains how it's now all over and they saw it coming.

I'm buckled the eff up and riding my tiny boat into the rocks or to a paradise island, hell if I know which one it is. Or I guess maybe lost in the sea waves forever lol.

I'm sure people are saying that somewhere on the internet, but I don't think you'd get a bunch of that here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Curious.  Of those here that own/are buying cryptos, are you investing long term or just trading it?  Anyone using futures to hedge/spec?

Investing long term. As of 2018 you're taxed on every trade. Not only does that make it less effective but that's a ***** to keep track of.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Investing long term. As of 2018 you're taxed on every trade. Not only does that make it less effective but that's a ***** to keep track of.

This.  I plan on just holding for a while.  Unless there is a major spike like we saw in December 2017, I plan on just holding for a while.

I've only sold once and it was when BTC was around $18,000 in December.  Other than that I've just been buying...

I came out of this whole thing fairly well.  I bought in at $6,925 and sold at $16,500.  Glad I got out when I did.  As of right now, it is priced at $10,009 at Coinbase.  Hopefully, it will go way back up for fellow FF people in this thread who are still holding it.

Edited by Uncle Buck

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

You're saying that now................ lol. Never know. Could be kicking yourself later. Still, not a bad gain

Very true JT.  I thought about holding long term, but my goal is to start day trading in stocks and options and hopefully quitting my current job (which I HATE).  Bitcoin prices could eventually go nuclear and if that happens, I'll just be able to say "if only".  At the same time, it's never a bad thing to take a profit, so I'm happy with it.  

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Very true JT.  I thought about holding long term, but my goal is to start day trading in stocks and options and hopefully quitting my current job (which I HATE).  Bitcoin prices could eventually go nuclear and if that happens, I'll just be able to say "if only".  At the same time, it's never a bad thing to take a profit, so I'm happy with it.  

Awesome and good luck! Hope it works out for you. That's an exciting but risky profession and I don't have the cajones for it. Lot of money to be made there and it's always going to be around. Like you said though, it's never a bad thing to take a profit. I'll be thinking about this though if the price ever gets to 30k lol

• Like 1

FYI, just got off the phone with my bank (Capital One) and they said that they are no longer allowing credit card purchases of cryptocurrencies from BitStamp due to possibility of fraud. I was able to do that on 1/11/2018.

This kind of sucks, because this is the only place I'm able to deposit money at the moment.

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm sure people are saying that somewhere on the internet, but I don't think you'd get a bunch of that here.

Yep, it's definitely not over, but after reading the opinions of some very smart and successful people, it's a market that I am not going patronize.