Bitcoin

BayRaider

I was joking as well about Petro, but it might have some major implications for crypto in the future.  Petro is going to be an ERC20 Token, so it'll be tied to ETH.  The ETH civil war between ETC/ETH really boils down to controls that Devs have in a decentralized infrastructure.  Petro is one way that Venezuela is trying get funds around the US and other country trade sanctions.  I'm curious what will happen if the US tries to step in to try and stop Petro from being purchased by US Citizens.

It's also ironic.  One of the founding purposes of cryptocurrencies was to take control away from government overspending and devaluing it's currency.  Now the regime which killed Venezula's bolivar is creating it's own crypto.  My head is spinning on this one...

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

NEO will be the new ETH soon. NEO ICO's are awesome.

I still believe in ETH but it's been a bit rough for them lately.  If they can switch effectively from PoW to Casper PoS in mid-2018 like it's been talked about, that could be the game changer that it needs to regain the upper hand...

Surprised of how much the alts have been going under. I figured some momentum would leave but this is a little wild. 

6 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I was joking as well about Petro, but it might have some major implications for crypto in the future.  Petro is going to be an ERC20 Token, so it'll be tied to ETH.  The ETH civil war between ETC/ETH really boils down to controls that Devs have in a decentralized infrastructure.  Petro is one way that Venezuela is trying get funds around the US and other country trade sanctions.  I'm curious what will happen if the US tries to step in to try and stop Petro from being purchased by US Citizens.

Etc could go beyond 100 before the year is even out if it keeps up this performance. I have bought like 20 of them. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Wait what? Is this a serious ICO? They called the Moon the Vanilla Rapist. xD

Yes, it is a novelty token. They are not scamming anyone by pretending to be something they are not.

They have raised 60K so far, which is probably how much their beautiful website cost. Really really good website.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yes, it is a novelty token. They are not scamming anyone by pretending to be something they are not.

They have raised 60K so far, which is probably how much their beautiful website cost. Really really good website.

I agree. Everything about this really makes me want to put a little money into it. They've done a great job making a joke. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Wow. I did not expect something like that.