Bitcoin

BayRaider

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Saw BTC on coinbase for 9,764 and it was gonna charge me 9,848 to buy at. It popped up to 9,799 for a moment and it was still the same charge price. I really wish Binance, Bittrex and others actually implement their own service. 

Me too.  I'm surprised that coinbase is the only one like it, and I'm even more surprised they only offer bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum. 

• Like 1

There are alternatives already.  Kraken and Gemini.  Soon (unless you're in the 5 US states supported by it now), Robinhood will be an option for more US folks.

Kraken has been having issues lately though, so I would hesitate to advise anyone to use it.  Gemini is legit though and fees are less than Coinbase I hear although I haven't done the math myself.  Gemini is supported by the Winklevoss twins...

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

There are alternatives already.  Kraken and Gemini.  Soon (unless you're in the 5 US states supported by it now), Robinhood will be an option for more US folks.

Kraken has been having issues lately though, so I would hesitate to advise anyone to use it.  Gemini is legit though and fees are less than Coinbase I hear although I haven't done the math myself.  Gemini is supported by the Winklevoss twins...

Can you buy more than just bitcoin/litecoin/ethereum on Gemini?  Gemini looks legit, so I'm tempted, but if I don't have more buying options than I do on coinbase, I probably won't even bother. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Can you buy more than just bitcoin/litecoin/ethereum on Gemini?  Gemini looks legit, so I'm tempted, but if I don't have more buying options than I do on coinbase, I probably won't even bother. 

The only have BTC and ETH.  I have an account on there but have never used it.  After the account creation/verification issues in December, I just created accounts on exchanges even if I don't really use them, lol...

• Like 1

Another hit piece on IOTA: https://casey.github.io/iota/

Seems to be a lot of people in the crypto world that are skeptical of IOTA, and for good reason. 

@BayRaider

Back when I was looking into Oyster Pearl, I recalled reading that they might move off of the Tangle in the future but would stick to using it for now.  They seem to be working more tightly with IOTA these days, but it might be smart of that project to move off of it...

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

The only have BTC and ETH.  I have an account on there but have never used it.  After the account creation/verification issues in December, I just created accounts on exchanges even if I don't really use them, lol...

Thats what I did and I forgot my password to idex.

6 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Seems to be a lot of people in the crypto world that are skeptical of IOTA, and for good reason. 

@BayRaider

Back when I was looking into Oyster Pearl, I recalled reading that they might move off of IOTA but was using the Tangle for now.  They seem to be working more tightly with IOTA these days, but it might be smart of that project to move off of it...

Building your own Tangle wouldn't exactly be easy...

6 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

@BayRaider

Back when I was looking into Oyster Pearl, I recalled reading that they might move off of IOTA but was using the Tangle for now.  They seem to be working more tightly with IOTA these days, but it might be smart of that project to move off of it...

I bought myself more powr at 59 cents. Still looking for other things to invest my bit of BTC and ETH. Though probably not the latter until it goes back over 900.

Calvert I see you buy a lot of "cheap" coins. You do realize coins increase due to Marketcap correct? Price is just influenced by total supply which is a marketing trick to entice new users making the price look cheap.

Literally the only thing you need to look at is Marketcap. Price means literally nothing.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Building your own Tangle wouldn't exactly be easy...

Sorry didn't mean to insinuate they would build their own Tangle, but that they don't need the Tangle at all.  It'll take time to redo the underlying code but if IOTA doesn't succeed it's worth the effort (and that effort only increases the longer that decision is delayed).  Look at $BAT, granted switching to ETH isn't the smartest move right now either.  That network is congested af...

4 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I had Kraken first and it was absolutely terrible. They just sent me an email promoting whatever and it reminded me I had my account open still. I just asked to have it closed. I would certainly not advise it at all but who am I? lol