The Official Thread of The []_[]

ttitansfan4life

Words of encouragement: As a Miami fan today was bad. I’ve seen this movie before though because my home state team is LSU and in 2007 (National Championship), LSU lost in triple overtime to Arkansas the day after Thanksgiving. They still was in the SEC title game, beat Tennessee and went on to the National Championship to beat Ohio State.

Miami losing today reminded me why I hated LSU playing the day after Thanksgiving. These are college kids who probably was celebrating Thanksgiving pretty hard then having to get up and play a team on the road who has nothing to play for other than playing spoiler. 

Miami shouldn’t drop too far in the polls but that doesn’t matter because if they beat Clemson (assuming Clemson wins tomorrow) the committee will put them in the playoffs. I’m not panicking over this lost because again Miami looked flat. They will be up for the Clemson game just because now people are gonna go back to disrespecting them after this lost to Pitt. I hope Clemson wins tomorrow because if they lose, that’s the nightmare scenario. Can’t beat a 2 loss Clemson team (both losses coming from Syracuse and South Carolina) and expect to make the playoffs.

49 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Words of encouragement: As a Miami fan today was bad. I’ve seen this movie before though because my home state team is LSU and in 2007 (National Championship), LSU lost in triple overtime to Arkansas the day after Thanksgiving. They still was in the SEC title game, beat Tennessee and went on to the National Championship to beat Ohio State.

Miami losing today reminded me why I hated LSU playing the day after Thanksgiving. These are college kids who probably was celebrating Thanksgiving pretty hard then having to get up and play a team on the road who has nothing to play for other than playing spoiler. 

Miami shouldn’t drop too far in the polls but that doesn’t matter because if they beat Clemson (assuming Clemson wins tomorrow) the committee will put them in the playoffs. I’m not panicking over this lost because again Miami looked flat. They will be up for the Clemson game just because now people are gonna go back to disrespecting them after this lost to Pitt. I hope Clemson wins tomorrow because if they lose, that’s the nightmare scenario. Can’t beat a 2 loss Clemson team (both losses coming from Syracuse and South Carolina) and expect to make the playoffs.

Miami isn’t getting in regardless if they beat Clemson. That 1 loss will hold them back over 2 loss teams. Guarantee it.... It took forever for this team to crack the top 7 as an undefeated team. They’ll drop to like 9th.... Orange bowl seems like their best destination now.

14 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Miami isn’t getting in regardless if they beat Clemson. That 1 loss will hold them back over 2 loss teams. Guarantee it.... It took forever for this team to crack the top 7 as an undefeated team. They’ll drop to like 9th.... Orange bowl seems like their best destination now.

Miami two best wins were 3 ND (the committee thought highly of them) and 13 VT. They won convincingly. Like you can make a case the ND win was one of the best wins of any team in the conversation for the playoffs. I think Auburn over Georgia then Miami over ND. So if a 1 loss Miami team beats a 1 loss Clemson team, Miami could claim to have beaten two top 3 teams, a top 13 team and won the ACC title. I don’t see where they wouldn’t get in.