Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Livewire

Training Camp 2019 news and discussion.

Recommended Posts

Might as well add NT to our draft needs. Hargrave is as good as gone after this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, wwhickok said:

We made a claim on Ricky Seals Jean or some crap like that, cut from AZ but Cleveland also put in a claim and that's where he ended up.

And that isn't saying much either. He would be no more than a #3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Might as well add NT to our draft needs. Hargrave is as good as gone after this season.

If there was ever a game that we needed him to provide interior pressure it's this one. If he can't get it done (or isn't asked to) he is of no use to us anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

And that isn't saying much either. He would be no more than a #3. 

I agree. I would prefer our #2 to be more reliable than Grimble. I am fine with Gemtry as our #3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Might as well add NT to our draft needs. Hargrave is as good as gone after this season.

I would expect him to get a good contract from a 4-3 attacking scheme, whoever has the cap space . I guess Indy should be able to afford that now for example, but I wouldn't be shocked if several teams have offers ready for him.  He isn't in the suitable scheme here and gets limited playing time,  yet people know about he's disruptive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I would expect him to get a good contract from a 4-3 attacking scheme, whoever has the cap space . I guess Indy should be able to afford that now for example, but I wouldn't be shocked if several teams have offers ready for him.  He isn't in the suitable scheme here and gets limited playing time,  yet people know about he's disruptive

Or NE ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/who-are-the-favorites-in-the-2019-nfl-season/

 

For those that like analytics, a prediction for the season.

Spoiler alert.  They have the Steelers at 9.5 wins ( top in the division) and Big Ben as the most valuable QB in the NFL.

How we’re predicting the AFC North race

  Chance To…
Team Starting QB vs. avg Elo Rating Proj. Wins Make Playoffs Win Division Win Super Bowl
Pittsburgh B. Roethlisberger +87 1569 9.5 58% 41% 5%
Baltimore L. Jackson -40 1527 8.4 41 26 3
Cleveland B. Mayfield +9 1516 8.4 41 25 2
Cincinnati A. Dalton -40 1414 6.2 15 8 <1

Quarterback ratings are relative to the average NFL team’s long-term rolling QB performance and are included in the listed Elo ratings. Simulations are updated as of Sept. 3, 2019.

Source: ESPN

Rumors of the Steelers’ demise appear to have been greatly exaggerated. Despite a tumultuous offseason that involved officially losing Bell8 and also shipping receiver Antonio Brown to the Raiders, Pittsburgh remains the top-ranked team in the North. Part of that is thanks to Ben Roethlisberger, who checks in as Elo’s No. 1 overall QB, and part of it is because the Steelers have one of the league’s easiest schedules. The Ravens and Browns are neck-and-neck behind them; Elo is skeptical about Baltimore quarterback Lamar Jackson after he posted not-so-great numbers as a rookie, but it thinks his supporting cast is superior to Baker Mayfield’s in Cleveland — despite the Browns’ big offseason (hi, Odell) and general hype level heading into 2019. Meanwhile, the Bengals are a distant No. 4, as QB Andy Dalton has seen better days, and the team is breaking in a first-time head coach (Zac Taylor).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am asking this question here because it has nothing to do with week one and I think that he did a fine job in week 1. At what point should we start considering upgrading our left tackle position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I am asking this question here because it has nothing to do with week one and I think that he did a fine job in week 1. At what point should we start considering upgrading our left tackle position

I give it the season. Honestly. Big Al is not a bad tackle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I give it the season. Honestly. Big Al is not a bad tackle. 

I agree. He isnt a bad tackle. My concern is, I dont see the guy behind him that is the next man up. I feel like Feiler and Chuks are destined for a mix of RT and swing tackle, which is okay but Al isnt exactly a spring chicken 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I agree. He isnt a bad tackle. My concern is, I dont see the guy behind him that is the next man up. I feel like Feiler and Chuks are destined for a mix of RT and swing tackle, which is okay but Al isnt exactly a spring chicken 

Way too many concerns to even entertain that thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Way too many concerns to even entertain that thought.

You're not wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×