Training Camp 2019 news and discussion.

Livewire

1 hour ago, SlevinKelevra said:

would have made sense to free up cap space before all the good players were cut-signed/traded for.

was there someone you were hoping the steelers would trade for or bring in that would be on the active roster not just the PS?

12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

was there someone you were hoping the steelers would trade for or bring in that would be on the active roster not just the PS?

I'd rather have Doctson on the roster than Artie Burns

yes, I realize that hurts CB depth, but if he has to play we're screwed anyways. 

I'd also be happy having traded for any of a plethora of TE options, even overpaying if needed to a limit.

2 hours ago, SlevinKelevra said:

I'd rather have Doctson on the roster than Artie Burns

Picking between under-achieving first rounders? MEH!  Not wanting to pick my poison there. At this point, they kept Artie, let's see what he does. I am hoping that he has a turnaround like former Steeler CB Keenan Lewis. He wasn't a #1, but struggled until his final contract year. 

yes, I realize that hurts CB depth, but if he has to play we're screwed anyways. 

Based on his past, you are 100% correct, but if he has improved............  Big if!

I'd also be happy having traded for any of a plethora of TE options, even overpaying if needed to a limit.

I am surprised that no moves were made with TE yet.