FF Big Big Brother 8: Finn wins! Postgame show NOW

Malfatron

8 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

Yeah. 

So I have had a Final 2 with @FinneasGage for some time.
He's kept me safe when he didn't need to. And I've returned the favor.

Now. In what has to be the dumbest move ever in Football's Future Big Brother (conceding HoH).... I vote to evict @Outpost31

I also don't care what I said about conceding the finals. Definitely not doing that.
Bring on the questions.

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

First question: how funny is it that the person in the F4 with the least social capital and fewest F2 deals still alive felt confident enough to concede Final HOH to one of the most well-known cutthroat artists in FF BB history?

I don't feel good about lying here. For the most part - I have played a very honest game here in BB8.
I worried about my honesty most of the game. I knew my reputation (everyone else did too), so I knew if I played like that openly... I was done.

You were there when we made our Final 3 with Finn. My Final 2 with him was made slightly before that.
I felt on the outs. He did too. So it was a natural alliance for us to make.

If anything, I credit my social game this time around. It made Outpost feel comfortable enough to even consider that deal.
I know I will be made out to be a cutthroat villain this game, but I really wasn't.

Edited by Nazgul
  • Like 1

@Nazgul I probably consider you and I to be the best players in FF BB history. I think your glaring weakness coming in, and you have attested to it as well, is your jury management. I do think you did a better job of jury management this time around despite still ticking off some people. I want to hear from you though what strategy and effort you utilized in order to correct that weakness in your game. 

@FinneasGage I am voting based on game and not on personal. If I voted based on personal reasons, you'd be who I'd go with since we have bantered for years. A lot of people describe your game as a bit too much of a wildcard. Your top quality is loyalty, but there are many times where you seem to almost go against what you preach in the deals you make and the decisions you make. In the most extreme of responses, this is what mission and TLO took issue with. I want to know - is how you play the concept of loyalty and friendship within the game while also making these wildcard decisions genuinely just you playing and reacting impulsively or is it your strategy to make people want to work with you, view you as less of a threat, and then use your persona as reasoning for the things you do to disguise your actual connections and plans? 

3 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

I don't feel good about lying here. For the most part - I have played a very honest game here in BB8.
I worried about my honesty most of the game. I knew my reputation (everyone else did too), so I knew if I played like that openly... I was done.

You were there when we made our Final 3 with Finn. My Final 2 with him was made slightly before that.
I felt on the outs. He did too. So it was a natural alliance for us to make.

If anything, I credit my social game this time around. It made Outpost feel comfortable enough to even consider that deal.
I know I will be made out to be a cutthroat villain this game, but I really wasn't.

I think you still would have had a better chance against Outpost since I can't recall a more obvious goat option in FF BB history, but I much prefer this scenario due to the hilarity of the situation and the absolute cutthroat nature of the move. Epic move 100%.

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I think you still would have had a better chance against Outpost since I can't recall a more obvious goat option in FF BB history, but I much prefer this scenario due to the hilarity of the situation and the absolute cutthroat nature of the move. Epic move 100%.

I tend to agree with those odds. I was loyal to Finn. Simple as that. And I wasn't going to reward a move like that.

3 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

I tend to agree with those odds. I was loyal to Finn. Simple as that. And I wasn't going to reward a move like that.

I get it 100%. As I said before, I was lying to Outpost to in my F4 plea about taking him to F2/being willing to be voted out at F3. I would have taken Finn too. 

Opening Statement:

I assume it'll be difficult for to get votes. I'm not the most humble player around. 
I tend to brag and am usually openly critical of people who oppose me.

So I beg the Jury to look at this game without rose-colored glasses.

I was so cutthroat in BB6 that I was evicted first in BB7. I came into BB8 here knowing I was most likely going to be a target.
I expected it. I had already accepted that if I go home early, it's okay. Obviously I didn't want to leave early though.

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

@Nazgul I probably consider you and I to be the best players in FF BB history. I think your glaring weakness coming in, and you have attested to it as well, is your jury management. I do think you did a better job of jury management this time around despite still ticking off some people. I want to hear from you though what strategy and effort you utilized in order to correct that weakness in your game. 

I had talked to you about what my weaknesses were. I tend to do whatever it takes to make the Final 2. I think I've mentioned that in multiple Diary entries before, to "worry about the votes once you're F2. You can't win if you're not there." Obviously that's a mantra that I still think is true, but I couldn't lie to everyone on my way to the end again. Losing 7-0 was proof of that. I also think some credit has to be given to even making it to a third finals. My game isn't a secret here. Yet I still endured.

Previously I made mention of mostly playing solo in these games since my paranoia usually got the better of me. I didn't trust what people said to me. I always assumed that I had to "get them before they got me." I didn't enter with that mindset this time. Once I signed up, I had messages from Touch, Outpost, and ET already wanting to work with me. Out of those, ET became the one I truly worked with -  while I had brief on-and-off's with others. I think gaining those allies early helped me. Even if I didn't communicate every day with these people, I kept in touch with them in critical moments. They had to believe that I, despite what my past has said, was honest and loyal to them. I didn't see the block until Week 7 doing this.

And even before seeing the block, I had been in contact with Mission and TLO about possibly working with them (which I was very open to before Finn nominated me). I started talking to you more at this time (and together we formed our 3 with Finn). I saved myself by winning the Veto that round. I was nominated again in Week 10 and 11. Once again, I saved myself with the Veto each time. I then took out the single biggest threat in this game during my first HoH (ET), and then was gifted the Final HoH where I was finally able to show that I did play a loyal game by taking Finn with me and evicting Outpost.

I think that I deserve to win Big Brother 8, because I came into the game with a very large target on my back and was still able to wrangle in alliances to keep me safe. It got to the point where I had people coming to me for help rather than the other way around. When I was in danger, I won the Veto to save myself, and ultimately I did such a good job with my social game that I was able to make Outpost concede the Final HoH to me because he believed I would take him.

• Like 1

I have a few questions, but for tonight I'll start with this...

@FinneasGage @Nazgul

1. Did you vote me out?

2. Naz did you vote @The Orca out?

3. What was your most backhanded move of the game and why did you make that move (naz the final hoh doesn't count)?

4. Who was your most important ally to this point and why? 

Edited by Pickle Rick
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I get it 100%. As I said before, I was lying to Outpost to in my F4 plea about taking him to F2/being willing to be voted out at F3. I would have taken Finn too. 

I was very confident in our Final 3. 
I believe that forming that F3 with you and Finn was the single largest turning point in this game for me.

It went from me thinking I was on the outs (as you'll see from my DRs), to deciding to lay it all out on the line for you.
Luckily you felt the same way. We pulled in Finn, and from there it went from me thinking I was next out in a 4-1 to having 3-2 numbers with Outpost being ineligible to be HoH.
Absolute turning point. That move is why I am here now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

@FinneasGage I am voting based on game and not on personal. If I voted based on personal reasons, you'd be who I'd go with since we have bantered for years. A lot of people describe your game as a bit too much of a wildcard. Your top quality is loyalty, but there are many times where you seem to almost go against what you preach in the deals you make and the decisions you make. In the most extreme of responses, this is what mission and TLO took issue with. I want to know - is how you play the concept of loyalty and friendship within the game while also making these wildcard decisions genuinely just you playing and reacting impulsively or is it your strategy to make people want to work with you, view you as less of a threat, and then use your persona as reasoning for the things you do to disguise your actual connections and plans? 

i've always been of the mindset that why compete if nobody gives a ****. i did what i could do to raise the theatrics. a lot of people miss the intention of what i do in these games and in mafia games. i've always thought it went without saying that i play an exaggerated version of myself in these games. i do things to not only make things interesting for myself, but to also make this a game worth competing for (in my own mind at least). my loyalty was 100% pure to everyone i gave it to up until i had reason to no longer be loyal. the most extreme case being mission obviously. at least in the public eye, because they didn't see what transpired between me and outpost via PMs. mission tried to vote me out of the game. it's as simple as that. you can say... welllll it's his boy TLO, he had no choice. that's fine. if he didn't try and vote me out the loyalty would've remained in tact. the game had gotten stale at that point and i was looking to spice **** up a little. i knew mission would react in extreme fashion. it made for good content. i knew he was going to pissed. i knew it wasn't a move that was beneficial to my game. i know that mission WOULD'VE been loyal to me if I didn't do that. you can call it a backstab if you want. i did what the game needed. it's not my intention to not "seem like a threat", but i definitely understand people don't take my game seriously. if we're being honest, i don't take it seriously myself. i play to contribute to the overall quality of the game. a successful season is me doing what i can in my spare time to make this a cool thing. i also don't really understand you question, but if you wanna reword if i didn't answer it, i'd answer it again if i didn't address anything that you wanted addressed. 

i will say this though. i think i played the best game. i blow up relationships when i feel the game is lacking or the opportunity presents itself, but i have extreme confidence in my ability to get people to be on my side. i also won the most challenges. didn't create any fake alliances. was truthful to everyone that didn't make moves that put myself in danger throughout the game. if i wasn't truthful to anyone in the game it's mission. but i've addressed that. and i don't regret doing that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

@FinneasGage @Nazgul

1. Did you vote me out?

3. What was your most backhanded move of the game and why did you make that move (naz the final hoh doesn't count)?

1) no and i was extremely pissed when you got voted out. i'm still unsure exactly what happend. i got pissed with somebody about that. i think that's what caused me to blow up my relationship with @Outpost31, but i don't remember right now. 

3) nominating mission. i made it because he didn't address the fact that he was voting me out when i was asking him about it. i also thought the game was stale at that point and wanted to make a big move. 

4) it has to be nazgul. there was a point in the game where i thought i had no allies. he thought he had no allies. we came together when we were both lost. he took me to finale. nobody else could be labeled as a more "important" ally 

• Like 1

@Adrenaline_Flux, one thing I disagree on is personal has to be taken into account, especially this early.  You screw someone here and you lose their vote.  It’s why I took this risk.  I wanted Finn’s vote.  It didn’t work out for me obviously, but I still maintain you cannot screw everyone this far and expect to win.  

Credit to Nazgul for making the move.  It was something he knew would backfire, but he stayed loyal when I tried to have my cake and eat it, too.

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

@FinneasGage @Nazgul

1. Did you vote me out?

As I said - I am not a liar in this game. So I will be honest now.

1. I did vote out The Orca. To me this was more of a vote to break up a pair than against either of you personally. I am a twin myself (with Dwight), so I know how it is to have family on the site. I don't typically work with Dwight too closely in these games, but I wouldn't vote him out. So I knew it was most likely the same thing for you two. I always look at each eviction at how it would benefit me, and keeping a strong pair early typically is a mistake. 

2. I voted you out as well. I had some communication with Touch up to this point, I had next to none with you. Some of that blame is on me, sure. But you didn't even bother reaching out once you were the replacement nominee. I didn't know who you were working with. All I knew was that it wasn't with me. That's why I voted you out over Touch.

3. I already touched on this, but it was definitely at Final 6. In the back of my head, ET telling me that I was only his third most important ally pricked at me. Outpost had made it public that he had a deal with ET until F3 or F4. I assumed the second person was Flux. ET had told me he wanted Touch to stay and that his decision was "easy." That made me weary of Touch's affiliation with ET. My hail mary was laying my entire game out on the table for Flux. I told him what I was worried about. That for me, it was do something now I am evicted. Flux agreed with me and we made the play to go against ET and vote out Touch. In the process we made a F3 with Finn when we kept him safe. I went from thinking I had Outpost, ET, Flux, and Touch against me to having myself, Flux and Finn against ET (in the next HoH). I won the HoH and got ET evicted. One of the biggest moves in the game, I think. It completely shifted the power.

4. ET was by far my most important ally most of the game. He was the only one I truly trusted until he let it slip that I wasn't a priority alliance. I never commented on it to him, but that always sat in the back of my head. I couldn't let ET bury me because he had more loyalty elsewhere despite me being loyal all game to him. My allegiance switched to Finn around this time, when he as a fellow outsider, agreed that we needed each other to survive. I got Flux on board - and these two were ride or dies. Once Flux was evicted, I played this game for myself and for Finn to get to where we are now.

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

@Adrenaline_Flux, one thing I disagree on is personal has to be taken into account, especially this early.  You screw someone here and you lose their vote.  It’s why I took this risk.  I wanted Finn’s vote.  It didn’t work out for me obviously, but I still maintain you cannot screw everyone this far and expect to win.  

Credit to Nazgul for making the move.  It was something he knew would backfire, but he stayed loyal when I tried to have my cake and eat it, too.

i will say man you were the first person i reached out to in this game. i thought we were gonna be able to collaborate and make one of the most memorable seasons with what we could do socially/creating storylines. 

it was never about winning to me honestly. i wanted to get to the finale, because i thought me and you in the end was what was best for this game. i don't know if i'm even trying to make a point here, but it's disappointing we weren't able to do that.