Redskins vs Browns Gameday Thread - Preseason Week 1 (8/8/19)

MKnight82

20 hours ago, mar29020 said:

well dont look like we have much choice with trent but we had choice with those receivers. Instead we spent money on P rich instead of Crowder 

It will be interesting to see if Crowder has a bounce-back year after two down years and it will be interesting to see what PRich does if healthy this year as well.

While I loved Crowder, he's almost primarily a slot WR and he took a major step back when he became the #1 WR focus of opposing defenses after DJax and Garcon were gone in 2017.

PRich is the more physically gifted player; speed, size and height wise and PRich has shown an ability to high point balls and go up and get it downfield. Now, he has a hell of a lot to prove bc he hasn't done that in a Redskins uniform but for a few plays last year but all things equal when both are healthy, I’d take Prich.

Edited by turtle28

19 hours ago, mar29020 said:

well dont look like we have much choice with trent but we had choice with those receivers. Instead we spent money on P rich instead of Crowder 

Especially a speed-only guy whose had two ACL reconstructions and had a career year in the last year of his contract.  Really smart signing, whoever made that one.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Especially a speed-only guy whose had two ACL reconstructions and had a career year in the last year of his contract.  Really smart signing, whoever made that one.  

Gruden wanted him bc when he watched PRich on film he saw a lot of what DJax used to do in his offense, so Allen and Schafer went out and signed him.

18 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Now, I tried to see who the receiver was that was supposed to cause the traffic. It looks like the second digit is a 9, which would either be 19 (Robert Davis) or 89 (Cam Sims). I suppose it could be a 4 (Darvin Kidsy) or 5 (Steven Sims)? Does anyone have the tape or a better shot?

Found it (unfortunately): https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/can-t-miss-play-rookie-lb-stiff-arms-haskins-on-pick-six ... that's Davis.

27 minutes ago, Woz said:

Now, I tried to see who the receiver was that was supposed to cause the traffic. It looks like the second digit is a 9, which would either be 19 (Robert Davis) or 89 (Cam Sims). I suppose it could be a 4 (Darvin Kidsy) or 5 (Steven Sims)? Does anyone have the tape or a better shot?

Found it (unfortunately): https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/can-t-miss-play-rookie-lb-stiff-arms-haskins-on-pick-six ... that's Davis.

Yeah, I was going to say it looks like Robert Davis bc Sims is taller and Sims has hair that comes out of his helmet, Davis has a buzz cut.