Redskins vs Browns Gameday Thread - Preseason Week 1 (8/8/19)

MKnight82

21 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Remember how many interceptions Peyton Manning threw his rookie season?I think we all know how that turned out.Unless you are expecting to compete for the SB with Keenum,Let the rookie play

Minnesota did ..compete / with Keenum. 

27 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Remember how many interceptions Peyton Manning threw his rookie season?I think we all know how that turned out.Unless you are expecting to compete for the SB with Keenum,Let the rookie play

Yup Geno Smith too, 21 interceptions his rookie year and turned out fine!

23 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Minnesota did ..compete / with Keenum. 

Yeah, with the most talented roster in the NFL and the best WR tandem in the NFL.

Of course, having Peterson, CT, Reed and Davis at your disposal will make a big difference for any offense as long as we can block the opposing D.

On D our DL is elite, we have good OLBs, but?? At ILB, #2&3 CB & FS. We aren't as solid a team as Minny was when Keenum three 22 Tds to 7 ints in 14 games in 2016.

46 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Talent is there, it just needs to be harnessed and developed over the next few years and then we could have something great.

I saw some arm talent and throws both completed and attempted by a Redskins QB that I haven't seen since Doug Williams in Super Bowl XXII

30 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, with the most talented roster in the NFL and the best WR tandem in the NFL.

Of course, having Peterson, CT, Reed and Davis at your disposal will make a big difference for any offense as long as we can block the opposing D.

On D our DL is elite, we have good OLBs, but?? At ILB, #2&3 CB & FS. We aren't as solid a team as Minny was when Keenum three 22 Tds to 7 ints in 14 games in 2016.

Their O L , as I remember -- was just a notch above awful !

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Agreed. I know he threw two pickles. But I see some promise in Haskins. Once the Skins are out of it, probably 8 games in, I want to see Haskins starting... let him work out those kinks in a lost season.

only if he has a reasonably competent OL. Remember what happened to David Carr and Patrick Ramsey. Kids with a nice arms and similar or better mobility to Haskins mobility, but playing as rookies behind a crap OL's ruined their development

71 sacks in 29 games as a very young QB and anyone is looking over their shoulder and hearing footsteps

sp6.jpg

img6640357.jpg

I don't have a problem with giving Haskins work near the end of the season, but it should be mop up duty with running plays that gets him experience  under center and or quick throws to backs and wr's. He is very inexpereicned- only one season starting behind a dominant OL with dominant Wr's compared to their NCAA competition. He doesn't have that here this year. Why take your prized young bull and risk getting him slaughtered before hes developed? There is no hurry as we are all used to our normal suckfest of 5-11 to 8-8 annually and we wont ever win with Dumbo coaching anyway. 

• Like 1