Redskins vs Browns Gameday Thread - Preseason Week 1 (8/8/19)

MKnight82

2 hours ago, mar29020 said:

well thats because they don't care about winning. They only care about selling tickets and making money AND never admitting they are wrong.

It takes a lot of ticket and year old beer sales to pay the crew and upkeep on this

wpc9a42c6f_0a_06.jpgBut Lil Danny’s still comes up short- his yacht is still only 1/3 the size of Jerrah’s in the measuring contest. 

Ups and Downs and Overreactions:

1. Made $27 and change last night betting on Cleveland. Yes, preseason football. Jay's ineptitude has made me money over the years.

2. Jimmy Moreland. Yes. That is all.

3. Dwayne Haskins looked like a (talented) rookie. Showed off what some of us knew: his athleticism isn't going to be anything to write home about, but he CAN scramble in a pinch. Let's hope he doesn't have to often. He made some good throws....and some awful ones. His footwork was terrible on some of them. Again, needs to improve it. It's taken one preseason game to show me he needs to sit and learn.

4. That offensive line... Can we please put Penn and Martin out there to start. Please?

5. It's way overdue, but thanks for the childhood memories Sonny. 

6. Did scary Terry play? WTF?

7. I think we wrote this last year, but no RB did crap. Again.

8. I needed a Hokie to do something somewhere. Settle seemed to show he's the first rotation option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

3. Dwayne Haskins looked like a (talented) rookie. Showed off what some of us knew: his athleticism isn't going to be anything to write home about, but he CAN scramble in a pinch. Let's hope he doesn't have to often. He made some good throws....and some awful ones. His footwork was terrible on some of them. Again, needs to improve it. It's taken one preseason game to show me he needs to sit and learn.

Agreed. I know he threw two pickles. But I see some promise in Haskins. Once the Skins are out of it, probably 8 games in, I want to see Haskins starting... let him work out those kinks in a lost season.