Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Tua to Miami confirmed

The Chargers also like mobile QBs. Tyrod Taylor and Easton Stick (4.6 40, 6.6 3c) are both still on the roster.

They don't have the amount of picks the Dolphins do. But I'd be surprised if they weren't bidding for that third pick with Miami.

Hell, Rhule could jump into the bidding as well.

It seems like we're gonna have three QBs in the top five this year, with the "loser" settling for Herbert.

Let's hope Carolina doesn't get any of them. 😀

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The Chargers also like mobile QBs. Tyrod Taylor and Easton Stick (4.6 40, 6.6 3c) are both still on the roster.

They don't have the amount of picks the Dolphins do. But I'd be surprised if they weren't bidding for that third pick with Miami.

Hell, Rhule could jump into the bidding as well.

It seems like we're gonna have three QBs in the top five this year, with the "loser" settling for Herbert.

Let's hope Carolina doesn't get any of them. 😀

Curious, how much different as a HC candidate is Rhule compared to Schiano at Rutgers?  Not suggesting Rhule will follow the same path as Greg, just very similiar in their path to the NFL.

I see Carolina more likely to trade down, then up.  Tank for Trevor.

Right now I’m feeling either Kinlaw or OL at pick 14. We need to continue to build the trenches. Not sure if they last to 14 but in order right now I’d probably go..

Javon Kinlaw

Jedrick Wills

Mekhi Becton

Josh Jones

Maybe this is a post for the other thread but someone feel free to tell me I’m wrong by breaking down a prospect haha

Edited by Lil' Shorty
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Right now I’m feeling either Kinlaw or OL at pick 14. We need to continue to build the trenches. Not sure if they last to 14 but in order right now I’d probably go..

Javon Kinlaw

Jedrick Wills

Mekhi Becton

Josh Jones

Maybe this is a post for the other thread but someone feel free to tell me I’m wrong by breaking down a prospect haha

I don t ur far off.  I would add Delpit and Simmons, the DC has shown a willingness to collect pieces for the secondary.  Licht luvs his LSU guys, so Chiasson can be added also 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Being able to play the slot seems like a must in our defense.

This. Uh... Isn't good.

Yeah, but I thought Delpit would be playing more the centerfield role.  By default, it went to Adams because Edwards was getting roasted deep.   Only other reason it was Adams was because Evans couldn t play.  IIRC, it was pretty much Whitehead or Edwards who would drop into the slot from the safety position.  I m more interested to see how Delpit plays deep middle with WRs running at him or high low route combos 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Assuming we draft something other than OL in the 1st, who does everyone like for OL in the 2nd? (Assume we stay at our pick). Anyone you think could come in and be the starting RT and an upgrade from last season? 

Looking at early projections, I'd wait until the third if we don't get/pass on Becton/Thomas/Wirfs/Jones in the first.

Prince Tega Wenogho, Jack Driscoll, Trey Adams, and Lucas Niang could all be options.

• Like 1