Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

Herbert had a few clutch plays including a 30 something yard TD run in the 4th for the go ahead score. There wasn’t a lot of downfield passing but aside from the bad interception early he played smart and had a number of good throws from the pocket and on the run. It’s just hard to project him in a downfield passing attack because while he did it at Oregon it wasn’t a staple of the offense. He has the arm for it no doubt tho.

3 Herbert touchdowns on the ground. Different kind of game. Did what he had to do to win.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If Cam gets medically cleared and can throw the ball again, Rhule might keep him. He seems to fit Rhule's offense perfectly.

I think Cam sticks this season.  Rhule getting 7 yrs, plenty of security to build slower.    Maybe Jalen Hurts sometime on Day 2?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I think Cam sticks this season.  Rhule getting 7 yrs, plenty of security to build slower.    Maybe Jalen Hurts sometime on Day 2?

I was worried Herbert would be the obvious choice.

But Rhule wants to run the ball. A lot. I'm not sure how (if?) he'll tweak his philosophy for the NFL but he wants 100 yards from his RB, 50 from his QB, and 50 from WRs. I'd imagine he tweaks that a bit. But he wants a QB that can gain yards with his legs.

Hurts would be a good fit for his offense, I think. He seems more sturdy than Tua and he probably won't have to spend a first to get him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I was worried Herbert would be the obvious choice.

But Rhule wants to run the ball. A lot. I'm not sure how (if?) he'll tweak his philosophy for the NFL but he wants 100 yards from his RB, 50 from his QB, and 50 from WRs. I'd imagine he tweaks that a bit. But he wants a QB that can gain yards with his legs.

Hurts would be a good fit for his offense, I think. He seems more sturdy than Tua and he probably won't have to spend a first to get him.

I think with Rhule, Teddy is not a possibility in Carolina.  Rhule can afford to go BPA with that contract in the first 2 days of the draft.