Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

18 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Go Qb Rd 1, but go get him don t wait or get cute like when they drafted Freeman.  

Trade that mutt Howard to move up a couple of spots, and use the 1 st next yr to secure.  A lot of experts thought moving up for Mahomes was a mistake.  I don t care what the national view of Eason is.  If you want him, go balls to the wall n get him

Eason and Herbert are the two QBs I think best fit this offense. Aside from Burrow.

• Like 1

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Eason and Herbert are the two QBs I think best fit this offense. Aside from Burrow.

Love also.  I just think BA is going to luv Eason.  His mechanics are far superior and the ball really flies out of his hand.  High ceiling lower floor prospect.  I think his lack of exp might wotk in his favor.  Less bad habits to break especially considering the roller coaster this season.

• Like 1

It’s funny with I think of a rookie QB and I go “but what about the mistakes and turnovers” then I stop and say, well whoever it is won’t have 30. Lol

If a rookie can come in and throw for 3500 25 and 15 in this offense, assuming our defense continues to improve, I think that can get us to the playoffs.

I just don’t know if BA will want to start a rookie. He’s going to be 68...

I thought Herbert was real shakes under pressure? So id think Eason, but he’s got no mobility behind our OL...which will still be bad if we have to trade up for a QB.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

It’s funny with I think of a rookie QB and I go “but what about the mistakes and turnovers” then I stop and say, well whoever it is won’t have 30. Lol

If a rookie can come in and throw for 3500 25 and 15 in this offense, assuming our defense continues to improve, I think that can get us to the playoffs.

I just don’t know if BA will want to start a rookie. He’s going to be 68...

I thought Herbert was real shakes under pressure? So id think Eason, but he’s got no mobility behind our OL...which will still be bad if we have to trade up for a QB.

I don t think Eason is a statue.  Peterson never has been much of a read option offense.  I remember Ben Albright mentioning the Bucs and Eason back earlier in the season.  

This offense is all about throwing with anticipation.  Eason has elite arm strength and mechanics.  Ben coming out of Miami Ohio wasn t overly nimble, just need to slide a little bit.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Love also.  I just think BA is going to luv Eason.  His mechanics are far superior and the ball really flies out of his hand.  High ceiling lower floor prospect.  I think his lack of exp might wotk in his favor.  Less bad habits to break especially considering the roller coaster this season.

For sure. I just think Love is a love/hate kinda guy. Lotta physical things to love. Lotta questions.

Also I know we sent scouts to watch Herbert and Eason. I have no idea if we went to a Utah State game.

And amen about the experience. BA seemed to almost lick his lips when talking about not having to break habits. He's 100000000% confident in his and his coaches' abilities. And I'm 100% on board.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

For sure. I just think Love is a love/hate kinda guy. Lotta physical things to love. Lotta questions.

Also I know we sent scouts to watch Herbert and Eason. I have no idea if we went to a Utah State game.

And amen about the experience. BA seemed to almost lick his lips when talking about not having to break habits. He's 100000000% confident in his and his coaches' abilities. And I'm 100% on board.

Yeah, BA not lacking in confidence.  Curious to see how BA handles the yr end presser. He was pretty angry and I m curious if he changes his thoughts.  If he still goes we still have to evaluate Jameis, I think he s done.  No reason to leave any doubt heading into the offseason because of the franchise tag.