Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Joe Burrow was a backup at tOSU. Stuck behind JT Barrett.

Eason has some Jameis in him, in terms of how he slings it. Though I'm not sure why he makes some of the throws he does. For Jameis, it's because he doesn't see 50/50 balls; he's somehow convinced his guy is gonna come down with it every time.

It'll be interesting to see what Eason says.

I thought what Bruce said after the Texans game was telling.  Jameis trusts guy that BA said he wouldn t have trusted.  To make great plays, a Qb will take chances.  The McElroy pass was illustration of that in a good way.  It s the other decisions that are killing him.  The out pattern to Watson and then the deep crosser to Hyman ib traffic are the problems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think Fromm was viewed as a safer QB then Eason at Georgia.  Considering Kirby is a defensive coach it makes sense.

I find Love more perplexing then Eason.  He played in a lesser conference and wasn t good this season.  Granted, his supporting cast wasn t good, but it was still MWC competition.   However, he has all the physical tools every team covets with mobility and arm strength.  I think Eason will test ok athletically, but he is never going to be top 10 in Qb rushing yds.  When a line breaks down and a Qb gets flushed and needs to run to the sticks, I don t think Eason can get there.  Not because of lack of speed, just plain mobility.  We all chuckle watch Jameis running out of the pocket, but the majority of the time he gets to the sticks.  

Right now in the top 15 my best guess on teams wanting a QB:  Bengals, Fins, Lions, Chargers, Panthers, Raiders, Colts, Bucs.  Hypothetically, let s just suggest the Bengals and Fins definitely choose a Qb with their first rd pick.  All these other teams might go other positions with their draft boards. but as the first rd progresses Qbs might still be on the board and that s where the intrigue begins. Basically, I don t see Eason and Love making it to the second rd like Dalton.  They ll probably go the route of Teddy n Lamar with teams trading back into the first rd 

Yea  Jordan is a bit perplexing.   You can look at  a lot of things to see what really happened to him.   I mean the season before he threw for 30+ and 6 ints than its 17/16.    He has a terrible O-line,  new system, etc..  so I mean you can see why he would struggle although its still something that shouldn't be dismissed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

🤔🤔.  Possible Dot replacements

Nice...   I like Wanogho and Jackson.   I have seen/heard Mekhi Becton could be a first rounder but haven't seen a Louisville game all season tbh.  No idea about him.   I actually saw in a mock Austin Jackson to the Bucs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Who would you guys say is BPA in the late teens if all the top OTs are gone?

I ll take a stab at it.

-Kinlaw - very confident he ll be high on the list.  Bowles with the Jets drafted down dlinemen in the first n second rds

-Chaisson- obvious LSU connection

Biadasz- interior oline unless super elite usually don t go to middle of rd 1.  Good area for him to go

Gross-Matos- assuming he tests out to be the freak athlete.  OLB who can kick inside like Nassib and JPP.

Delpit- LSU connection, safety normally moves down the board a tad because of position value.  I wouldn t be happy, but Bowles is a secondary guy who might just want more toys back there.  He didn t draft Whitehead, Evans has no value, and Adams is a JAG.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Who would you guys say is BPA in the late teens if all the top OTs are gone?

In no order:

Grant Delpit, S, LSU

Tyler Biadasz, IOL, Wisconsin

AJ Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa

Javon Kinlaw, DL, South Carolina

Creed Humphrey, IOL, Oklahoma

Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame

Raekwon Davis, IDL, Alabama

K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU

Marvin Wilson, IDL, FSU

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I ll take a stab at it.

-Kinlaw - very confident he ll be high on the list.  Bowles with the Jets drafted down dlinemen in the first n second rds

-Chaisson- obvious LSU connection

Biadasz- interior oline unless super elite usually don t go to middle of rd 1.  Good area for him to go

Gross-Matos- assuming he tests out to be the freak athlete.  OLB who can kick inside like Nassib and JPP.

Delpit- LSU connection, safety normally moves down the board a tad because of position value.  I wouldn t be happy, but Bowles is a secondary guy who might just want more toys back there.  He didn t draft Whitehead, Evans has no value, and Adams is a JAG.

I think the front office wants Suh back for a number of reasons but obviously he’s gonna have to drop his price. Regardless, we need more depth for the front 3 and Kinlaw and Vea long term would be huge not just for the trenches but Devin White.

Cant have enough pass rushers, Barrett and JPP back or not and I like Chaisson.

I like the idea of a stout interior OL middle of the 1st, but this would mean Cappa is the new RT. I wonder how the coaching staff feels about that.

I think we agree to leave DB alone in the draft and sign a vet in FA.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think the front office wants Suh back for a number of reasons but obviously he’s gonna have to drop his price. Regardless, we need more depth for the front 3 and Kinlaw and Vea long term would be huge not just for the trenches but Devin White.

Cant have enough pass rushers, Barrett and JPP back or not and I like Chaisson.

I like the idea of a stout interior OL middle of the 1st, but this would mean Cappa is the new RT. I wonder how the coaching staff feels about that.

I think we agree to leave DB alone in the draft and sign a vet in FA.

Cappa is an unknown.  I don t think he is good enough to pass on another guard in the first rd you like.  I m with you on secondary, no argument here.

I think Kinlaw makes a lot of sense even with Suh returning.  Suh will be 33, and Allen is a UFA.  Bowles. drafted Williams in the 1st and Shephard in the 2nd.  The highest the Jets drafted OLB was 3rd.  He values interior dline.

I think the two primary choices are T or Kinlaw staying put in the middle of the first.  I really like Wirfs.  I hope he drops because he s viewed as a RT only.

• Like 1