Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

35 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Posting this so I can check it out when I'm sober.

Sign me up for Love R1. I dont care what anyone says if the guy can play the guy can play. There are plenty of young qbs tearing up the league right now. The notion of drafting a qb would be a rebuild move is silly.

6 minutes ago, indifference said:

Sign me up for Love R1. I dont care what anyone says if the guy can play the guy can play. There are plenty of young qbs tearing up the league right now. The notion of drafting a qb would be a rebuild move is silly.

BA said last week he doesn't care about starting a rookie QB.

• Like 1

Love is the ultimate high risk, high reward.  A lot of physical tools, but not exactly dominating a mediocre conference.  In his defense, the team is not good around him.

Eason is probably the better choice, but he needs a better oline because his mobility is not that great.   My sleeper pick who I feel is a combo of both is Cole McDonald ftom Hawaii.

I have no idea what they do, but I still feel it is a bad choice to draft a QB outside the 1st rd.  They can always circle back at the end of the 1st rd to pick a QB like the Ravens and Vikings recently.  I just feel there is a better probability of success drafting other positions in rd 2 n 3 to help the team then gambling drafting a QB.

Again, I realize I m a fan and no idea what they do.  I could get behind a Qb. but only in rd 1.  Move up, back, or stay in the first rd  is the better option then in later rds.

Edited by ravishingone

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Allen also probably has the strongest arm in the NFL. I'm sure that helped with him going top 10.

I don't think Eason is on that level.

All in the eye of the beholder.  Bills were determined to get their guy and took no chances.  Ironically, my basic point about the Bucs.  Want a new Qb, ensure you get the guy in the first rd.  Don t mess around trying to cash a lottery ticket

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

All in the eye of the beholder.  Bills were determined to get their guy and took no chances.  Ironically, my basic point about the Bucs.  Want a new Qb, ensure you get the guy in the first rd.  Don t mess around trying to cash a lottery ticket

For sure. If there's a guy BA and Licht like, do everything in your power to get him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

When watching him thats what I felt he was an  "Accurate" Josh Allen

Two questions with Eason.  First, just lack of playing since high school.  Not his fault, but a concern.  The second is why did Washington drop him back so far behind the LOS to throw the ball at times?  It looked odd and something that will not happen in the pros.  Was it done because his feel in the pocket is lacking?  Could that get better with playing time, that is the question.

A very intrguing prospect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Two questions with Eason.  First, just lack of playing since high school.  Not his fault, but a concern.  The second is why did Washington drop him back so far behind the LOS to throw the ball at times?  It looked odd and something that will not happen in the pros.  Was it done because his feel in the pocket is lacking?  Could that get better with playing time, that is the question.

A very intrguing prospect.

Yea I mean he does have some question marks.    My biggest is he got beat out by Jake Fromm at Georgia.  ( he got injured and never regained his starting spot back).   Fromm was a freshman.   The other thing I see is that Eason does make some reallly dumb decisions at times.  He trusts his arm too much at times and tries to fit thing in tight windows.   You will watch and just think what he was trying to actually do.

I am not sure about the LOS thing.   I would have to go back and check to see if it's abnormal in that system of Chris Peterson's.  

I think Jordan Love and Eason are 2nd round prospects.   IMO  I would be ok grabbing them in the late first.  Either by trade down or trading up with a 2nd rounder and some change.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Yea I mean he does have some question marks.    My biggest is he got beat out by Jake Fromm at Georgia.  ( he got injured and never regained his starting spot back).   Fromm was a freshman.   The other thing I see is that Eason does make some reallly dumb decisions at times.  He trusts his arm too much at times and tries to fit thing in tight windows.   You will watch and just think what he was trying to actually do.

I am not sure about the LOS thing.   I would have to go back and check to see if it's abnormal in that system of Chris Peterson's.  

I think Jordan Love and Eason are 2nd round prospects.   IMO  I would be ok grabbing them in the late first.  Either by trade down or trading up with a 2nd rounder and some change.

Joe Burrow was a backup at tOSU. Stuck behind JT Barrett.

Eason has some Jameis in him, in terms of how he slings it. Though I'm not sure why he makes some of the throws he does. For Jameis, it's because he doesn't see 50/50 balls; he's somehow convinced his guy is gonna come down with it every time.

It'll be interesting to see what Eason says.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I think Fromm was viewed as a safer QB then Eason at Georgia.  Considering Kirby is a defensive coach it makes sense.

I find Love more perplexing then Eason.  He played in a lesser conference and wasn t good this season.  Granted, his supporting cast wasn t good, but it was still MWC competition.   However, he has all the physical tools every team covets with mobility and arm strength.  I think Eason will test ok athletically, but he is never going to be top 10 in Qb rushing yds.  When a line breaks down and a Qb gets flushed and needs to run to the sticks, I don t think Eason can get there.  Not because of lack of speed, just plain mobility.  We all chuckle watch Jameis running out of the pocket, but the majority of the time he gets to the sticks.  

Right now in the top 15 my best guess on teams wanting a QB:  Bengals, Fins, Lions, Chargers, Panthers, Raiders, Colts, Bucs.  Hypothetically, let s just suggest the Bengals and Fins definitely choose a Qb with their first rd pick.  All these other teams might go other positions with their draft boards. but as the first rd progresses Qbs might still be on the board and that s where the intrigue begins. Basically, I don t see Eason and Love making it to the second rd like Dalton.  They ll probably go the route of Teddy n Lamar with teams trading back into the first rd 

• Like 2