Prospects to keep an eye on

indifference

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I agree with SR, Licht will probably double dip on oline.  They have 3 guys making over 10 million already, going to be hard to add 4 th for big money.  On the roster, Wells isn t good and Hawkins couldn t beat him out.  Stinnie is a JAG.  Seaton spent the yr on the PS and couldn t beat out Hawkins, ugh.

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Agreed. The fact that he has Eason so far down the board is telling. May be able to sneak up and grab him at end of 1st or early 2nd...

Drew Lock was a lock (GEDDIT!?) to go to Denver in the first last year. They stayed put in the second and got him.

Could happen with Eason too.

Thought i would drop my realistic BB for us at pick #14. 

1. Derrick Brown / IDL / Auburn - Obviously a wish and a prayer here, but if all the QB's go; and all the OT's; go and then some WR's go... All im saying is, there is a chance Brown drops and i think that would be a dream scenario. 

2. Javon Kinlaw / IDL / South Carolina - Since his senior bowl he has been moving up boards, but i still think he is going to be there when we pick, and if he is, i really hope we take him. I think he is a special player who is just perfectly built for our defense and what we want to do. 

3. Tristan Wirfs / OT-OG / Iowa - Wirfs is my favorite OL in the draft, and i think he can be a pro bowl player at either OT or OG to be honest. He is far and away the best run blocker of the group and improved his pass blocking a ton this year, so the growth is there. 

4. Andrew Thomas / OT / Georgia - A guy a lot of people seem to be down on lately, and i think its just because we have too much tape on him at this point. Its easier to find holes in his game when looking for them. But Thomas is a tremendously sound, and well rounded OT who i think we would obviously love. 

5. Josh Jones / OT / Houston - We have been linked to Jones, and it makes a ton of sense. He is the best pass blocking OT in this draft and we pass the ball more than anyone lol. It wouldnt surprise me if we went with Jones over Wirfs or Thomas if they were all on the board. The OT class is a very good one this year, so its not a bad year to need one lol

6. K'Lavon Chaisson / EDGE / Louisiana State - When it comes down to it, Chaisson may be the most "realistic" choice for us at #14. Most of the teams in front of us have similar needs ie. NYG, LAC, CAR, ARZ, JAX, CLE, NYJ all having a need at OT and DET, CAR, JAX, IND all having a need at IDL. Chaisson is a freak athlete who does have elite bend and the ability to get around the corner. But he is a raw player, and will need to be taught secondary pass rush moves as well as to use his hands better. 

7. Mekhi Becton / OT / Louisville - Everyones favorite OT, and i understand why. My only issue with Becton is weight. He is already 370, and how will he manage that weight in the NFL. I personally have that as a knock and i dont want us to be the team that takes that risk. Thats why i have the little gap here. 

8. Jordan Love / QB / Utah State - If Love is here at #14, that means more than likely the guys i have listed ahead of him are gone. So, i wouldnt be upset at taking the high upside player here. Love has the ability to make every throw, from every angle, from any platform. But his decision making wasnt the best last year. Some people will say, whole new coaching staff that didnt but the player in the best situations and also a bad surrounding cast. His 2018 is something fun to watch though and i understand where people throw out the Mahomes-esque comparison. He just has such a love arm. High risk, high reward player. But if there at #14... we might have to think about it. 

9. Justin Herbert / QB / Oregon - Pretty much the same explanation, just not as much overall talent in my opinion. Yes he has a strong arm and can rip the ball. But i just dont see it from Herbert. I hope im wrong if we take him, but i see a similar mental makeup to Jameis. 

10. Grant Delpit / DB / Louisiana State - Kind of a last resort i guess lol. Another kid who we just have too much tape on at this point i think. But im not a fan of taking safeties this high unless they are special players. I think Delpit is a solid player, but not special. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Thought i would drop my realistic BB for us at pick #14. 

1. Derrick Brown / IDL / Auburn - Obviously a wish and a prayer here, but if all the QB's go; and all the OT's; go and then some WR's go... All im saying is, there is a chance Brown drops and i think that would be a dream scenario. 

2. Javon Kinlaw / IDL / South Carolina - Since his senior bowl he has been moving up boards, but i still think he is going to be there when we pick, and if he is, i really hope we take him. I think he is a special player who is just perfectly built for our defense and what we want to do. 

3. Tristan Wirfs / OT-OG / Iowa - Wirfs is my favorite OL in the draft, and i think he can be a pro bowl player at either OT or OG to be honest. He is far and away the best run blocker of the group and improved his pass blocking a ton this year, so the growth is there. 

4. Andrew Thomas / OT / Georgia - A guy a lot of people seem to be down on lately, and i think its just because we have too much tape on him at this point. Its easier to find holes in his game when looking for them. But Thomas is a tremendously sound, and well rounded OT who i think we would obviously love. 

5. Josh Jones / OT / Houston - We have been linked to Jones, and it makes a ton of sense. He is the best pass blocking OT in this draft and we pass the ball more than anyone lol. It wouldnt surprise me if we went with Jones over Wirfs or Thomas if they were all on the board. The OT class is a very good one this year, so its not a bad year to need one lol

6. K'Lavon Chaisson / EDGE / Louisiana State - When it comes down to it, Chaisson may be the most "realistic" choice for us at #14. Most of the teams in front of us have similar needs ie. NYG, LAC, CAR, ARZ, JAX, CLE, NYJ all having a need at OT and DET, CAR, JAX, IND all having a need at IDL. Chaisson is a freak athlete who does have elite bend and the ability to get around the corner. But he is a raw player, and will need to be taught secondary pass rush moves as well as to use his hands better. 

7. Mekhi Becton / OT / Louisville - Everyones favorite OT, and i understand why. My only issue with Becton is weight. He is already 370, and how will he manage that weight in the NFL. I personally have that as a knock and i dont want us to be the team that takes that risk. Thats why i have the little gap here. 

8. Jordan Love / QB / Utah State - If Love is here at #14, that means more than likely the guys i have listed ahead of him are gone. So, i wouldnt be upset at taking the high upside player here. Love has the ability to make every throw, from every angle, from any platform. But his decision making wasnt the best last year. Some people will say, whole new coaching staff that didnt but the player in the best situations and also a bad surrounding cast. His 2018 is something fun to watch though and i understand where people throw out the Mahomes-esque comparison. He just has such a love arm. High risk, high reward player. But if there at #14... we might have to think about it. 

9. Justin Herbert / QB / Oregon - Pretty much the same explanation, just not as much overall talent in my opinion. Yes he has a strong arm and can rip the ball. But i just dont see it from Herbert. I hope im wrong if we take him, but i see a similar mental makeup to Jameis. 

10. Grant Delpit / DB / Louisiana State - Kind of a last resort i guess lol. Another kid who we just have too much tape on at this point i think. But im not a fan of taking safeties this high unless they are special players. I think Delpit is a solid player, but not special. 

Pretty similar to what I would have right now as well, but I'd have Whirfs, Wills, Thomas and Jones atop my list. I really want us to get one of those 4 OTs and build our line...

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Pretty similar to what I would have right now as well, but I'd have Whirfs, Wills, Thomas and Jones atop my list. I really want us to get one of those 4 OTs and build our line...

Yea I think Wills is the 1 OT that’s guaranteed to be gone. That’s the only reason I didn’t include him. I’m good with either tench spot tbh. Either OL or IDL/EDGE would me my ideal 1st round for us.