Why isn't John Elway on the hot seat?

Elky

28 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Super Bowl winning Gms like HC’s get fired. It doesn’t give you a life long pass

When you win a super bowl as GM or HC, you normally have 5 years of job security

This is reasons why coaches like Brian Billick in Baltimore and Jon Gruden in Tampa Bay have kept their job for so long after their Super Bowl win.

• Like 1

He's a legend in Denver, that's why. The franchise would move to another city before they forcibly remove him from that role (and they're not going anywhere, so that narrows down the options). He's been a part of all three SBs, so he's got a lifetime pass for the job.

20 hours ago, Elky said:

Drew Lock is complete and utter trash. Players with poor pocket awareness like him typically do not improve in that department.

You were able to come to this conclusion after 15 minutes of watching the guy?

Tell me, what were your impressions of Pat Mahomes during his first ever game his rookie season? You must have seen future HOF in that small sample, right?

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Tell me, what were your impressions of Pat Mahomes during his first ever game his rookie season? You must have seen future HOF in that small sample, right?

Patrick Mahomes showed a lot of promise in his first start against Denver. Drew Lock did not look like a functional quarterback at all.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm sorry but Mahomes was very impressive in his first ever game in his rookie season. 

Drew Lock shouldnt be judged so early and after 15 minutes of play though.

6 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Super Bowl winning Gms like HC’s get fired. It doesn’t give you a life long pass

Can you name me the last GM "Fired" 3 years after winning a SB? I'm curious? We're also not talking about a fluke SB out of nowhere when you combine what the Broncos did from 2012-2015 making two!

Now if the Joe Flacco/Drew Lock expierment fails, Yes he will be bounced IMO. However that won't occur for at least 2 more years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elky said:

Patrick Mahomes showed a lot of promise in his first start against Denver. Drew Lock did not look like a functional quarterback at all.

Yeah but when you think of it the right comparison would be Mahomes' preseason games in his rookie season.

Anyways, if Goff has taught us something, it's that you should let a QB at least 2-3 years before really judging them.

• Like 1

Just now, Buckweath said:

Yeah but when you think of it the right comparison would be Mahomes' preseason games in his rookie season.

Anyways, if Goff has taught us something, it's that you should let a QB at least 2-3 years before really judging them.

Goff is a system QB; he'd be trash without McVay.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can you name me the last GM "Fired" 3 years after winning a SB? I'm curious? We're also not talking about a fluke SB out of nowhere when you combine what the Broncos did from 2012-2015 making two!

Now if the Joe Flacco/Drew Lock expierment fails, Yes he will be bounced IMO. However that won't occur for at least 2 more years.

Most GMs who see their team win a SB are actually good to very good GMs. I have long thought Elway is not a good GM. He deserves credit for that SB but overall I would never have him as the GM of my team.

2 minutes ago, Elky said:

Goff is a system QB; he'd be trash without McVay.

Here we go again...

I mean I definitly could see being anything between slightly worse to noticeably worse without McVay but not buying that he is a system QB.

McVay is a star HC for sure.

Edited by Buckweath