Keeper Advice

LA Niner Fan

My draft isn't until August 31st.  I have two options.  Kittle in the 13th or Austin Ekeler in the 16th.  Clearly, if Gordon reports by then, my decision is easy.  However, if Gordon still hasn't reported by that time, what do you think I should do?

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why do you think they will be good this year? Last year Jimmy didnt look great before the injury and now we have to wonder about him recovering fully

Well for starters, the niners have one of the elite offensive play callers and play designers in Kyle Shanahan. They have made a point to add depth to the WR room. We spent 2 of our first 3 picks on WRs and are getting guys back like Goodwin and Dante Pettis (who supposedly is stronger this year and has taken a step forward). So from a schematic, and support standpoint, Jimmy is in a good position to succeed, especially considering we should have a pretty good run game but no true power back to eat up touchdowns. I think this means the majority of our touchdowns will be through the air. 

I also don't think its fair to say he 'wasn't great' last year. He played 2.5 games last year before he tore his ACL. He had some ups and downs for sure, but if you watch the second half of the KC game before he tore his ACL, you could see the mojo coming back. The offense was starting to click again and he was looking like he did the year before. 

As far the injury is concerned, it was so early in the season last year that it will basically be a full year for him. Ive seen videos of him moving around. He is fine. 

Last year, I targeted Goff as the mid tier QB who could put up good numbers for fantasy. Someone you could get later in the draft after most of the league got their starters, but before people started drafting backups. That is the sweet spot for QBs imo and is right in the range where Garoppolo will get taken. It was great until the end of the season, when Goff got exposed, but by then I had snagged Lamar Jackson lol 

2 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

My draft isn't until August 31st.  I have two options.  Kittle in the 13th or Austin Ekeler in the 16th.  Clearly, if Gordon reports by then, my decision is easy.  However, if Gordon still hasn't reported by that time, what do you think I should do?

I think you should keep Kittle either way. I am not convinced that Ekeler will be the lead guy for the chargers. I think he ends up splitting more time with Justin Jackson than people think

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, N4L said:

Well for starters, the niners have one of the elite offensive play callers and play designers in Kyle Shanahan. They have made a point to add depth to the WR room. We spent 2 of our first 3 picks on WRs and are getting guys back like Goodwin and Dante Pettis (who supposedly is stronger this year and has taken a step forward). So from a schematic, and support standpoint, Jimmy is in a good position to succeed, especially considering we should have a pretty good run game but no true power back to eat up touchdowns. I think this means the majority of our touchdowns will be through the air. 

I also don't think its fair to say he 'wasn't great' last year. He played 2.5 games last year before he tore his ACL. He had some ups and downs for sure, but if you watch the second half of the KC game before he tore his ACL, you could see the mojo coming back. The offense was starting to click again and he was looking like he did the year before. 

As far the injury is concerned, it was so early in the season last year that it will basically be a full year for him. Ive seen videos of him moving around. He is fine. 

Last year, I targeted Goff as the mid tier QB who could put up good numbers for fantasy. Someone you could get later in the draft after most of the league got their starters, but before people started drafting backups. That is the sweet spot for QBs imo and is right in the range where Garoppolo will get taken. It was great until the end of the season, when Goff got exposed, but by then I had snagged Lamar Jackson lol 

You seem like a knowledgeable niners fan.  It's a bit OT for this thread but chances Goodwin doesn't make the 53?

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

You seem like a knowledgeable niners fan.  It's a bit OT for this thread but chances Goodwin doesn't make the 53?

Thank you. The only way Goodwin wont be on the 53 is if we trade him, which is possible but not likely. I'd say theres maybe a 20% chance he isn't on our team. 

Edited by N4L

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Getting your mojo back vs possibly the worst defense in the league isn't exactly exciting though

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Getting your mojo back vs possibly the worst defense in the league isn't exactly exciting though

Like I said, he played 2.5 weeks. It's not about how he played last year, it's how he plays this year. He's a buy low candidate for the reasons you are expressing. The injury concern, the uncertainty, the 'not looking great' last year are all why there is good value with him this year.

He has a great coach and is tailor made for the scheme

He may not be a top 5 QB in fantasy, but he will out play his draft position and be a viable weekly starter week in and week out