Keeper Advice

LA Niner Fan

Let me preface by maybe I’m overthinking this but I’m in a 12 team PPR league and as  a keeper I can either get Kittle in the 9th or Mahomes in the 11th. I know Mahomes is guaranteed production on an MVP level and Kittle may lose production even with a better QB as Jimmy goes through more progressions and can hit WRs. But the value of TEs vs QBs who can consistently over produce average points is a big supply and demand game.  Probably over thinking it but I feel valuing QB too much is what always kills me. But that also won’t be a big problem with a guaranteed stud like Mahomes that late.

Whats your take ?

5 hours ago, LA Niner Fan said:

Let me preface by maybe I’m overthinking this but I’m in a 12 team PPR league and as  a keeper I can either get Kittle in the 9th or Mahomes in the 11th. I know Mahomes is guaranteed production on an MVP level and Kittle may lose production even with a better QB as Jimmy goes through more progressions and can hit WRs. But the value of TEs vs QBs who can consistently over produce average points is a big supply and demand game.  Probably over thinking it but I feel valuing QB too much is what always kills me. But that also won’t be a big problem with a guaranteed stud like Mahomes that late.

Whats your take ?

I'd never keep a QB even one as great as Mahomes.  

• Like 1

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

I love Chubb but I'll go with Kelce.

I was kind of leaning that way too.

I like having that advantage at TE each week.  I'll likely do that and draft RB heavy in 3 of the first 4 rounds with 1 WR.  That will likely be my strategy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

I got a good one I think.  My league is .5 ppr 

Kelce (5th)

Chubb (7th)

I could see a case for either.  Both seem to be about 4 rounds difference in their ADP so value is pretty even.  Thoughts?

Damn that is tough. At the end of the day, Kelce is clearly better and while Chubb costs less, when in doubt you take the better guy

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LA Niner Fan said:

Whats your take ?

I agree with what everyone is saying. Its Kittle all the way. 

You can get a good QB around the 9-11th rounds, but Kittle will be long gone by that time. Thats how you have to think about it, its replacement value of both players. Kittle is far less replaceable. 

Kittle will have less yards but more TDs this year than he did last year. I would keep kittle then stack him with Garoppolo. The niners offense is going to be pretty good this year and I think Garoppolo will have something like 4200 yards and 25-30 TDs, you can get him later in the draft in like round 10

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

I could use some thoughts 

would you trade Zeke for Bell and Mike Williams in a keeper?

I think I would, yes. Zekes hold out terrifies me and I will be staying away from him until he signs the contract. Who else would you be keeping that you would have to get rid of if you made this trade? Youd obviously keep bell and williams, but if you dont make the trade you keep zeke and ... ? 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I agree with what everyone is saying. Its Kittle all the way. 

You can get a good QB around the 9-11th rounds, but Kittle will be long gone by that time. Thats how you have to think about it, its replacement value of both players. Kittle is far less replaceable. 

Kittle will have less yards but more TDs this year than he did last year. I would keep kittle then stack him with Garoppolo. The niners offense is going to be pretty good this year and I think Garoppolo will have something like 4200 yards and 25-30 TDs, you can get him later in the draft in like round 10

Why do you think they will be good this year? Last year Jimmy didnt look great before the injury and now we have to wonder about him recovering fully

16 hours ago, brownie man said:

I could use some thoughts 

would you trade Zeke for Bell and Mike Williams in a keeper?

I like the Williams upside this year for taking the drop off from Zeke to Bell at the RB spot.

This is assuming you need a starting WR like Williams.  

Need the rest of your roster and league details to know for sure.  I wouldn't do it if I was stacked at WR and Williams was a bench guy only.  

What do you lose?  Who are your WR's? Is it dynasty?  Can you continue to keep these guys beyond 1 season?