2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's all good subjective chatter - but - I see no reason DENs actually going to be interested in trading Sanders.

They're 0 + 3 having lost to: OAK (24-16) ; CHI (16-14) ; GB (27-16). Hardly blowouts.The season's early and they're a game behind second place OAK+LAC in their Division.

Philipp Lindsay is their #3 producer in terms of yards....i.e....I dont see Sanders replacement on the roster and I dont see HOF QB and now GM Elway going into tank mode anytime soon.

Not going to happen IMO and the numbers between MVS arent so far apart.

While you may be correct on Elway's thinking at this time, I still think you are wrong on the MVS comparison.

He wouldn't be taking MVS's job.  Incognito man is correct- it would be Allison who would get bumped down, and Allison just hasn't looked good to me so far other than the TD catch yesterday.  He may get better, we'll see.

The contract money might be tough though.

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Then you haven't been following the Packers notable writers Jimmy Leffewitz, Mark Tauscher, and Bertie Boatman.

They're very notable writers. Jimmy Leffewitz and Bertie Boatman are ghost writers in fact. You probably read and quote them often :) 

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Need Tanyan to get an injection of confidence and our offense improves significantly IMO.

Or rather, give Rodgers and MLF an injection of confidence in Tanyan.

Huge Tonyan fan here, but...it's gonna be a while before Rodgers trusts him again.

I'm not so sure that the bomb to Tonyan wasn't perfect.  Looked to me like Tonyan slowed down a touch on that thing early on.

Tough play, for sure.  But the look on Rodgers face told me that he thought the ball was perfect.

And hopefully I'm wrong and they have a Stepbrothers moment when....

th?id=OIP.Y5Elrj1w5yp8IS8AShnjWQHaDW&pid=Api&P=0&w=360&h=164

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

While you may be correct on Elway's thinking at this time, I still think you are wrong on the MVS comparison. He wouldn't be taking MVS's job.  Incognito man is correct- it would be Allison who would get bumped down, and Allison just hasn't looked good to me so far other than the TD catch yesterday.  He may get better, we'll see. The contract money might be tough though.

Sanders isnt on the trading block so any combination is possible. Pick a player, any player.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Huge Tonyan fan here, but...it's gonna be a while before Rodgers trusts him again.

This is just wrong. Other QBs and HCs go right back to the guy that just screwed up to get their confidence back. AR (and perhaps MM) slam these players into a dog house that shakes their confidence and challenges their production.

Its not a perfect game. Shutting talent down because it failed to be perfect.........counter productive IMO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm not so sure that the bomb to Tonyan wasn't perfect.  Looked to me like Tonyan slowed down a touch on that thing early on.

Tough play, for sure.  But the look on Rodgers face told me that he thought the ball was perfect.

And hopefully I'm wrong and they have a Stepbrothers moment when....

th?id=OIP.Y5Elrj1w5yp8IS8AShnjWQHaDW&pid=Api&P=0&w=360&h=164

Yep, that was definitely a setback :(

made incog sad

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

This is just wrong. Other QBs and HCs go right back to the guy that just screwed up to get their confidence back. AR (and perhaps MM) slam these players into a dog house that shakes their confidence and challenges their production.

Its not a perfect game. Shutting talent down because it failed to be perfect.........counter productive IMO.

How many balls did he get thrown to him after that one again?

And...you don't know, or have any way of knowing that Sanders isn't on a "trading block".  As in none.  0%.

Heard former GM's talk about it all the time on Sirius....they talk about everyone being tradeable, within reason, and the outlandish trades they never made.

If someone wanted Sanders today and offered a second, Elway jumps on that and doesn't look back.  Don't fool your self and try to think otherwise.  A second for a guy like Sanders is a steal.

It's not a matter of if someone is available, it is compensation for the player that becomes an issue.  Especially a veteran like Sanders.  Aged.  Injured.  Last year of deal.  Losing team.

Edited by vegas492

Just now, Leader said:

Cant offer a citation for something that doesnt exist.

You offer one that says he is.

you made a factually incorrect claim. You said he definitely isn't on the trade block.

The actual truth is you have no idea if he is or isn't. There's only a handful of humans in the world who do.

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

How many balls did he get thrown to him after that one again?

And...you don't know, or have any way of knowing that Sanders isn't on a "trading block".  As in none.  0%.

Heard former GM's talk about it all the time on Sirius....they talk about everyone being tradeable, within reason, and the outlandish trades they never made.

If someone wanted Sanders today and offered a second, Elway jumps on that and doesn't look back.  Don't fool your self and try to think otherwise.  A second for a guy like Sanders is a steal.

It's not a matter of it someone is available, it is compensation for the player that becomes an issue.  Especially a veteran like Sanders.  Aged.  Injured.  Last year of deal.  Losing team.

Fine. As @Ragnar Danneskjold just said - its all speculation. Perfect for discussion...including actual likelihood of happening.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yep, that was definitely a setback :(

made incog sad

I'll be the happiest guy in the state when Rodgers throws a 3rd and 5 to Tonyan for 6 yards.  

Forget the big play, just a chain mover.  Use that size and those hands.  

It can happen.  It needs to happen!

Just now, vegas492 said:

I'll be the happiest guy in the state when Rodgers throws a 3rd and 5 to Tonyan for 6 yards.  

Forget the big play, just a chain mover.  Use that size and those hands.  

It can happen.  It needs to happen!

If followed up by a thumbs-up from Rodgers or a high-five, i will execute the buy-command on my new Tanyan jersey