Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

5 hours ago, mar29020 said:

he's picking off COLT MCCOY

Collins has still making a lot of plays on the ball.

Also, it was a on a tipped pass. Also, if anyone has been playing attention all of our QBs are having int issues. Keenum has always had turnover issues, 2017 seems it could’ve been an aberration for him bc of the extremely talented team he was on. 

Haskins has also been up and down. He had one extraordinary practice last weekend - which is hopefully a glimpse into the future - but other than that he’s been inconsistent.

I heard that none of these QBs have distanced themselves which makes me think want Gruden to just start the Haskins era week 1 but, Gruden knows that Colt knows the offense as good as even him and he’s most comfortable with him. I’ve heard Haskins is still learning/struggling w/ all audibles so, unless things improve I think he’ll use that as a reason to not start Haskins week 1. 

My guess is still that Colt starts the season but he doesn’t hold onto the job all year. Eventually, I think we’ll either start 1-4 or 0-5 and then turn to Haskins or if we go 50/50 to start the season but whenever we’re eliminated from the playoffs in October/November, then Haskins finishes the last 6-8 games of the season. 

Edited by turtle28

Michael Phillips’ top 3 young players who've crested a lot of buzz amongst coaches:

1. Terry McLaurin - Phillips said he runs precise routes - Gruden loves that in his timing offense - he does everything perfectly and has shown to have great speed and hands. Phillips thinks McLaurin I'm competing for a starting position, if not now, probably at some time during the season but don't be shocked if he's starting over Doctson. I also heard that from another beat reporter, I can't remember who but I think that person was hyping Cam Sims for a starting spot.

2. Cole Holcomb who posted the story about on the weekend.

3. Wes Martin - Al Galdi said he had heard that Martin has been inconsistent and not easy to start. Phillips said the coaches are impressed by him and his strength. Not sure if that means he starts over Flowers but it seems like a good sign. 

I’m very excited to watch all these young guys in the preseason.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Michael Phillips’ top 3 young players who've crested a lot of buzz amongst coaches:

1. Terry McLaurin - Phillips said he runs precise routes - Gruden loves that in his timing offense - he does everything perfectly and has shown to have great speed and hands. Phillips thinks McLaurin I'm competing for a starting position, if not now, probably at some time during the season but don't be shocked if he's starting over Doctson. I also heard that from another beat reporter, I can't remember who but I think that person was hyping Cam Sims for a starting spot.

What doesn't make sense here is why he would be taking Doctson's spot.  McLaurin is the logical back up to P Rich.  Doctson's spot should be in jeopardy because of Sims and Harmon.  I am guessing if we actually had a fair competition for the spot, Doctson would already have been moved down the depth chart.

The big scare is we have no backup slot receiver for little quinn.  

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

What doesn't make sense here is why he would be taking Doctson's spot.  McLaurin is the logical back up to P Rich.  Doctson's spot should be in jeopardy because of Sims and Harmon.  I am guessing if we actually had a fair competition for the spot, Doctson would already have been moved down the depth chart.

The big scare is we have no backup slot receiver for little quinn.  

I think McLaurin can play either position.

I think McLaurin has the ability to play slot too and Prich has played slot before in his career. Not a lot, but they are capable.

Darvin Kidsay plays the slot, on the Redskins 1st depth chart, Kidsay is Quinn’s back up.

Our land's has Harmon as Quinn's back up, then Robert Davis as the 3rd team slot guy. Good point though, definitely something to watch after the first quarter of Thursday nights game.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

2. Cole Holcomb who posted the story about on the weekend.

3. Wes Martin - Al Galdi said he had heard that Martin has been inconsistent and not easy to start. Phillips said the coaches are impressed by him and his strength. Not sure if that means he starts over Flowers but it seems like a good sign. 

I’m very excited to watch all these young guys in the preseason.

How shocked would you be to see the McLaurin, Sims and Quinn as our starting wideouts next year? I mean, this assumes PRich doesn't do much this year. But I can certainly see McLaurin starting with Sims pushing to start.

14 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

How shocked would you be to see the McLaurin, Sims and Quinn as our starting wideouts next year? I mean, this assumes PRich doesn't do much this year. But I can certainly see McLaurin starting with Sims pushing to start.

Maybe by mid season.  P Rich will likely get hurt allowing McLaurin to slide in.  The big questions I have is whether Doctson is given priority despite performance.  I the impact of the physicality/blocking of either Sims/Harmon is underestimated.  

I really like Quinn, I just worry he can't stay healthy.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'll be both shocked and excited! I'm not sold PRICH will be back unless he has a really good year. His contract has an out after this year and if McLaurin looks good they'll probably cut PRich unless he's awesome this year.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1