Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

They better not miss the opportunity to add a 1st round pick to the future of the team because of their ego. This would definitely be a nail in the coffin to how I feel wether the team would ever succeed under Synder. 

The sad reality is there are only 3 players on our team any sane team would trade a number 1 for  and none are named Trent

11 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

The sad reality is there are only 3 players on our team any sane team would trade a number 1 for  and none are named Trent

If true than they defintely are missing out on a incredible opportunity to get something for Trent instead of holding onto him. He has made it clear he is willing to sit out the year. 

29 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

He’s old injury prone. If he were 4 years younger- certainly a number 1. But we waited too long unless we can trade to the nets like the Celtics did 

If the Browns, Patriots or Texans struggle some to start the season bc they have issues at LT or another team loses their starting LT, then they'll be desperate for Trent.

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

Sheff has just reported that Trent's value is at least a 1st.

He's about as credible as you get.

I'm thinking if traded it will be highly valued player & a 2nd or 3rd, or an outright 1st Rd pick.

....if he's traded at all.

54 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

He’s old injury prone. If he were 4 years younger- certainly a number 1. But we waited too long unless we can trade to the nets like the Celtics did 

Zimmerman trade saw the Broncos give up a 1st, and 6th and a future 2nd for him. Same age and was also a 7 time Pro Bowler.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Zimmerman trade saw the Broncos give up a 1st, and 6th and a future 2nd for him. Same age and was also a 7 time Pro Bowler.

If we could get that for Trent then I send him packing ASAP! If we were on the cusp of a Super Bowl I wouldn’t but we are no where near a Super Bowl. They say we aren’t in a rebuild but as far as the youth goes we may as well be in one.

outside of Reed, Peterson, Davis, Kerrigan, Norman, and Cromartie we are very very young and mostly on rookie contracts.

take that deal if it comes no brained! I love Trent as a player but to get that for a 31 year old tackle who can’t play a whole season is a haul

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Can't be, Trent is arguably the Redskins best player.

Maybe, but what have we won with him?  Zip. 

TW is a top left tackle in the league.  But I am not sure he is worth the top drama in the league.  Right now that is all he is.  He is no captain.  He isn't even a leader of the oline.  Why are we wasting our time with this distraction.

If we can get a 1st round pick out of him in the waning years of his career, then we are doing good.  We aren't wining a super bowl this year, and he isn't getting younger next year.

Adrian Peterson addresses Redskins QB competition. “I feel like Colt, obviously, has the edge because he has the knowledge and ability as well,” Peterson said. “He’s been shown to have a really strong arm and been consistent as well.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/08/13/adrian-peterson-addresses-trent-williamss-absence-endorses-colt-mccoy-quarterback-competition/

Archived