Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

10 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Sheff has just reported that Trent's value is at least a 1st.

He's about as credible as you get.

I'm thinking if traded it will be highly valued player & a 2nd or 3rd, or an outright 1st Rd pick.

....if he's traded at all.

giphy.gif

More breaking news from Jay’s press conference yesterday:

1. Guice has not been cleared for full contact yet.

2. Jay was asked if Terry McLaurin and Montez Sweat will play on Thursday and he said that yes, he expects the starters to play more.

The key here is he's telling us that TMc and Sweat are starters.

44 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

@turtle28, I had to delete your post because it wouldn't let me edit it on my phone. 

Note to everyone, please don't quote things that you know the mods are going to delete. It makes our jobs harder to chase down not only the original post but everyone's quoted posts.

No problem Thai. At first I didn't even know what it was you were talking about bc I didn't think I posted anything controversial but then I realize I quoted Doc’s post. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

More breaking news from Jay’s press conference yesterday:

1. Guice has not been cleared for full contact yet.

2. Jay was asked if Terry McLaurin and Montez Sweat will play on Thursday and he said that yes, he expects the starters to play more.

The key here is he's telling us that TMc and Sweat are starters.

Yes. Good pull. Considering what's in front of them, that's good too. I would almost expect it. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Yes. Good pull. Considering what's in front of them, that's good too. I would almost expect it. 

I can't take credit for it. I should have said this in my post, but Kevin Sheehan said it this morning on his radio show on 980. I wouldn't have noticed it on my own.

Anyways, it's a positive sign for this rookie class if those two start, play well and then Haskins starts at some point during the season and shows upside as well.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I can't take credit for it. I should have said this in my post, but Kevin Sheehan said it this morning on his radio show on 980. I wouldn't have noticed it on my own.

Anyways, it's a positive sign for this rookie class if those two start, play well and then Haskins starts at some point during the season and shows upside as well.

Well good pull pulling it into here ;)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001041038/article/adrian-peterson-trent-williams-absence-hurting-qbs

"Since Day 1 of camp you notice his absence is impacting us tremendously," All Day told Anderson. "You go from not having to worry about the blindside at all, to having to chip on that side, add a TE there which changes what you do."

"I think it's making Dwayne Haskins have to think more, not process things as calmly," Peterson said. "Matter of fact, I think it's impacting all of our QBs. Guys are coming off the edge in practice right there on the QB and the RB. It's been a struggle."

7 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

maybe they should consider moving morgan to Left tackle.

I thought they should have tried that in May instead of having Flowers there but now that they've signed Donald Penn, I don't think it's as big of an issue as it seemed a few weeks ago.

If the dolphins did in fact inquire about Trent then we need to listen. If the asking price is indeed a 1st and they offer that then we need to jump on it! Your looking at a potential top 10 pick right there! I don’t think the dolphins do squat this year! I want Trent back badly but if a team like the dolphins offer a 1st it’s a no brainer. 

I don’t envision us making all that much noise this year with our QB situation so your looking at a potential two 1st rounders in the top half of the draft. That could easily land us a new LT of the future and one of the top 3 WRs if we need one depending on how Terry, Cam, and Kelvin do this year!

also having those two picks could even land us some extra draft capital with the numerous QBs coming out next year in Fromm, Herbert, and Tua. 

1st from the dolphins if they offer it, take it even if Trent vows to come back.

if we do in fact take one of the top WRs then I cut Richardson next year, he was a bad signing cap wise, did nothing to deserve that big contract and don’t know if he ever will earn that, let doctson walk in FA as well

next years draft class will be a very good one

Archived