GDT: Preseason Week 2: Bears at Giants

AZBearsFan

Yeah I'm not expecting too much from the kickers, we all want a great one, but that's so hard to just find one, and a lot of it seems to be about pure luck.

What were we last year? 31st in the league kicking-wise? If we start from scratch by picking up these guys with no experience, and end up in say the top 20 this year, we'll have done well.

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

“Is Chase Daniel any good?” is 100% a preseason GDT debate. 

It's not about if he's good. He isn't. He's probably the 40th best QB in football. Bray is easily the 90th or so. I'd much rather see Bray play in this meaningless game of tennis or whatever this **** is behind crappy linemen, below average receivers, bad RB's and sucky TE's than Daniel, because if Daniel were to be seriously injured, they're in trouble if Trubisky got hurt for an extended period of time.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It's pretty ridiculous to be worried about Daniel possibly getting hurt in a preseason game in which NONE of your starters are playing 

That's it. He shouldn't be in. If he sucks as much as you think and he's "close" to Bray, then Pace is a jackass because he's paying him $5M a year

Just now, beardown3231 said:

It's not about if he's good. He isn't. He's probably the 40th best QB in football. Bray is easily the 90th or so. I'd much rather see Bray play in this meaningless game of tennis or whatever this **** is behind crappy linemen, below average receivers, bad RB's and sucky TE's than Daniel, because if Daniel were to be seriously injured, they're in trouble if Trubisky got hurt for an extended period of time.

FYI they are in trouble if Trubisky gets hurt for an extended period of time with Daniel healthy.  

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

FYI they are in trouble if Trubisky gets hurt for an extended period of time with Daniel healthy.  

Yeah, every team's in trouble if their starter goes down, but the season is a complete dumpster fire if Bray has to play for a few games. They went 1-1 with Daniel. He's their best backup in years and it's not close, and it's senseless to still have him in this game. That's all I said. He isn't good. He isn't even average.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

That's it. He shouldn't be in. If he sucks as much as you think and he's "close" to Bray, then Pace is a jackass because he's paying him $5M a year

Ryan Pace has assembled one of the best young rosters in the NFL, Chase Daniel can be a worse backup than you and Pace wont get flak from me.  Nice appeal to authority fallacy tho.  Again I'm not arguing Bray is good, or better than Daniel.  I'm arguing that the difference between Bray and Daniel is less than the difference between Daniel and Trubisky.  If you dont understand how that works idk how else to communicate it to you.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Daniel can at least run the offense. He’s not great, but he’s a backup for a reason. You’ll get some good and some bad from him. Low ceiling, but also not a DeShone Kiser-like floor either. Nobody should expect more than backup level play from him. He’s not getting $5M a season from us because he’s good - he’s getting it because of his knowledge of the offense and it’s ability to make QB1 better. 

I agree if Bray ever has to play we are screwed, but with that said, QB2 is still not a bubble wrap position for me.