Greedfall

Danger

RPG game combining 17th century colonialism and fantasy. Made by a studio of 20 people. It looks like a fun time. Want to get the word out there so more people can see this and prop a new studio making a game with truly good intentions.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

You mean in just over 2 weeks?

Correct. I watched the link you provided, and I've checked out their steam page. So I'll have to see what early reviews say, as well as when it releases what the general reaction is.

Wanted to get Remnant, but my buddy wants me to wait on that game until he gets a gaming laptop / desktop, so this game could fill that void if it is good.

• 1 month later...

On 9/30/2019 at 12:16 PM, Shockey1979 said:

Took a chance and downloaded Greedfall on the PS4 over the weekend. A few hours into it and I'm not regretting it but it's not as good as I hoped. It's like a mix of Witcher 3 and Dragon Age the combat is actually pretty fun but what appeared to be open world is actually linear. The AI is not very good. Kinda reminds me of the Fallout AI where you jump up on a rock and the Deathclaw just stands there while you kill it. The game lacks some polish but for a smaller studio game it's forgivable. Anyone else give it a shot?

I posted this in the what games you playing thread. Didn't realize this had it's own thread going.

6 hours ago, MossyMoss said:

reminds me of Witcher 3, anyone played yet? 

It's more like Dragon Age Origins. Keep in mind this is a double-A game, so there are going to be issues. Support these guys and hopefully they can get more funding for any future games and make the next Witcher 3.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree with @Danger in that it has a very Dragon Age feel about it.

Looks like it will be good, but Ill wait for more feedback once it comes out.

It's been out for 3-4 weeks now. 

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/greedfall

Look at the user score. That's more telling and more likely takes into account that it's a AA game.

Just now, Danger said:

It's been out for 3-4 weeks now. 

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/greedfall

Look at the user score. That's more telling and more likely takes into account that it's a AA game.

Haha....I wasnt even paying attention to the dates these posts were made.  Thanks.

User score is the ONLY thing I pay attention to.    I never pay attention to critic scores on pretty much anything anymore.  They are all bought and paid for hacks.  

Anyway....looks like its a solid game.  May have to check it out a some point.    

14 hours ago, Danger said:

It's more like Dragon Age Origins. Keep in mind this is a double-A game, so there are going to be issues. Support these guys and hopefully they can get more funding for any future games and make the next Witcher 3.

will buy the game and have a look.