Preseason Week 3 - GDT - SF 49ers @ KC Chiefs

oldman9er

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

I know people love Pettis but he does not win physical balls often...really annoying. 

edit: was a bad pass though. But he actually had it in an open spot. 

Good thing we drafted 2 physical wr that win jump balls.

First half thoughts:

-Without Ford/Bosa, our lack of edge rushers was clear as day and pretty much a repeat of the last two years.

-Chiefs first team offense had their way with our defense. Disappointed with that.

-Jimmy G had a few throws he would like back, but overall looked good. 

-Deebo needs more time with the starters. Just a physical specimen and the type of player Jimmy G trusts.

-OL was really good in pass protection.

-Breida is clearly better than Coleman and if he could contribute in the passing game, then no reason to play Coleman more than him. McKinnon isn't needed at all.

-Spoon and Sherman didn't play well though a few times they had no chance with how off they were in coverage.

-Ward in the slot was awesome and it allowed Moore to play FS.

-Tackling was pretty suspect, with at least five or so missed tackles.

-LB core is very fast and explosive.

-IOL impressed me both in pass/run blocking. Good stuff.

Now let's get the regular season going! 

Did i miss something. Why does it seems 49er fans are putting Deebo vs Pettis? Is there not enough room for both. Jimmy and the young wr are gonna need time to find their stride. I expect by the end of the yr we will have answer to the top dog(wr cuz Kittle is the alpha) and who is the running mate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sherm said:

Did i miss something. Why does it seems 49er fans are putting Deebo vs Pettis? Is there not enough room for both. Jimmy and the young wr are gonna need time to find their stride. I expect by the end of the yr we will have answer to the top dog(wr cuz Kittle is the alpha) and who is the running mate. 

It doesn't need to be Deebo vs Pettis, just need Deebo out there getting time with the starters. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

OMG, Andrew Luck just retired from the NFL.

I feel for him, injuries really killed him the last few years. Though he was awesome last season. 

Hell of a player and competitor. Respect! 

I’m still so shocked by this. That really sucks for the Colts and their fans. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

OMG, Andrew Luck just retired from the NFL.

I feel for him, injuries really killed him the last few years. Though he was awesome last season. 

Hell of a player and competitor. Respect! 

Wow absolutely shocking. The whole tank for Luck thing feels like it was yesterday.