College Football 2019-20 prospect related

KingTitan

14 minutes ago, Bloeddyr said:

Dane Brugler (The Athletic) just released his 7 round mock draft earlier today. Here's our picks:

1 (29) - Yetur Matos-Gross, EDGE, Penn State
2 (61) - Damon Arnette , CB, Ohio State
3 (93) - Lucas Niang, OT, TCU
5 (174) - Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
7 (224) - Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska
7 (237) - Kalija Lipscombe, WR, Vanderbilt
7 (243) - Kyle Hinton, IOL, Washburn

I don't like waiting that long to address the DL, but if we came away with YGM, I'd be thrilled.  I still think there's no way he makes it to us though.

21 minutes ago, Bloeddyr said:

Dane Brugler (The Athletic) just released his 7 round mock draft earlier today. Here's our picks:

1 (29) - Yetur Matos-Gross, EDGE, Penn State
2 (61) - Damon Arnette , CB, Ohio State
3 (93) - Lucas Niang, OT, TCU
5 (174) - Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
7 (224) - Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska
7 (237) - Kalija Lipscombe, WR, Vanderbilt
7 (243) - Kyle Hinton, IOL, Washburn

You could rack this up as the best draft in the league.... Also no way in hell either Arnette or Niang make it that far. Don’t know if Clowney would be overkill but I’d still love it.... pass-rushers good lord....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

You could rack this up as the best draft in the league.... Also no way in hell either Arnette or Niang make it that far. Don’t know if Clowney would be overkill but I’d still love it.... pass-rushers good lord....

Both of them fell further than that in FFMD.  There are a lot of corners people have over Arnette and a lot of tackles people have over Niang.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Nice chart.  I love Gladney, since he does everything well, but I'd take a pass on Johnson.  Dude can't tackle for crap.

I'd be fine with him in like early round 3, but he'll go way before that.

45 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Nice chart.  I love Gladney, since he does everything well, but I'd take a pass on Johnson.  Dude can't tackle for crap.

I'd be fine with him in like early round 3, but he'll go way before that.

I mean Henderson is afraid to tackle but would you take him? I think Vrabel will get everything out of these guys so I’m not as worried about it. Adoree coming out wasn’t known as a very good tackler but he’s arguably turned into our best tackling CB.

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean Henderson is afraid to tackle but would you take him? I think Vrabel will get everything out of these guys so I’m not as worried about it. Adoree coming out wasn’t known as a very good tackler but he’s arguably turned into our best tackling CB.

I don't recall seeing Henderson afraid to tackle, or Jackson.  Henderson is a blue chip as far as I'm concerned.  Johnson isn't afraid, he just sucks at it.  So many broken tackles of his in any one game.

34 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't recall seeing Henderson afraid to tackle, or Jackson.  Henderson is a blue chip as far as I'm concerned.  Johnson isn't afraid, he just sucks at it.  So many broken tackles of his in any one game.

Oh Henderson is definitely afraid to come up in run support and tackle. Adoree wasn’t afraid. He just wasn’t very good at tackling coming out. The point is, players can certainly improve so something like that, I’m not that worried about. Johnson is a good cover CB and that’s what we need.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Oh Henderson is definitely afraid to come up in run support and tackle. Adoree wasn’t afraid. He just wasn’t very good at tackling coming out. The point is, players can certainly improve so something like that, I’m not that worried about. Johnson is a good cover CB and that’s what we need.

Of course they can improve, but that doesn't mean you spend a premium pick on them.  Johnson can cover, but he gets manhandled by downfield blocks and physical WRs.  He will need to improve that, and if he does, he'll be a great player.  But only if.

If you're talking about run support with Henderson, then we're talking about two different things.  Whether a CB can support the run defense is not very important.  It's a nice bonus if they can, just like ball skills, but it's way down the list.  What I care about is can they open field tackle, can they break receivers' blocks, and can they bring down physical WRs and TEs.  Henderson can do all of that, and he's also a blanket coverer with elite athleticism and some ball skills.  That's a blue chipper.

Johnson can cover, but he can't tackle well, definitely can't do run support, and doesn't have the athleticism to push him above other CBs in this class who can do those things, which there are a lot of.

If you're only looking at how good a player will be if they fix their flaws, the everyone is a blue chip.