College Football 2019-20 prospect related

KingTitan

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yikes!!!

Don't worry, we're trading back anyway.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

McShay latest mock had us taking Yatur Gross-Matos in the 1st and Isaiah Wilson in the 2nd. Damn good mock

Eh.  While I love YGM, and like Wilson, I'm not so sure we target a tackle that early now unless the value is too high to ignore.  We still need help at corner and DT, and it's hard for me to imagine that one of similar value to Wilson wasn't available there.

On 22.02.2020 at 4:51 AM, TitanSS said:

No offense taken, but 61% completion percentage in college is probably below average. I don't think that number just automatically suggests an accurate passer at all. Vince Young completed over 65% of his passes his final season in Texas. Again, completion percentage does not equal accuracy. You don't have to trust my unprofessional opinion, but I believe it has a much greater chance of being right than yours on this topic.

What is the rate of college QBs who's completion percentage actually gets better in the NFL? I would wager that the majority of them actually see their completion percentage dimish. 

Lamar Jackson being basically the only example of the exception, and he is in an offense where he is a runner first and a thrower second. Your basing your judgement on Love's chances at improving on the exception, not the rule. 

Lamar Jackson still isn't an accurate passer. He plays in an offense where his throwing lanes were open because he was a runner first and a thrower second. The Titans plugged the middle of the field and made Jackson throw outside the hashes and he was horribly inaccurate. Both of his interceptions were a result of him throwing inaccurate balls. Byard's was incredibly high and barely touched by Andrews. Vaccaro's was an out route where the ball was left wayyyy inside.

I'm sorry, but as much as it hurts to admit, there is no way that Lamar Jackson isn't an accurate NFL thrower. Yes, he's an incredibly gifted runner, but he has developed into a just as good of a pocket passer. He can throw with rhythm, to all levels of the field and into tight windows. 

Time will tell on Love. I still think he is well worth a 1st round pick.

5 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

I'm sorry, but as much as it hurts to admit, there is no way that Lamar Jackson isn't an accurate NFL thrower. Yes, he's an incredibly gifted runner, but he has developed into a just as good of a pocket passer. He can throw with rhythm, to all levels of the field and into tight windows. 

Lamar isn’t an accurate passer, did you not watch the pro bowl skills challenge. Throwing to wide open guys, 70% of the time doesn’t mean you’re accurate. He struggles throwing outside the #’s throwing WR’s open. His completion % is up because he’s such a threat running the ball he sucks LB in & get a lot of wide open passing windows 

On 02.04.2020 at 12:39 PM, TitanRedd said:

Lamar isn’t an accurate passer, did you not watch the pro bowl skills challenge. Throwing to wide open guys, 70% of the time doesn’t mean you’re accurate. He struggles throwing outside the #’s throwing WR’s open. His completion % is up because he’s such a threat running the ball he sucks LB in & get a lot of wide open passing windows 

Yeah, that simply is not an accurate statement (the irony!).

He was always a threat running the football. He was in college, same as his first year in the league. His accuracy numbers are up because he has improved, nothing else.

He was always talented enough to develop into a great pocket passer, and second year in the league he did. There's no telling if he can also continue to improve his game even more. Just because he is such a great runner does not take anything from him being also a great pocket passer.

9 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Yeah, that simply is not an accurate statement (the irony!).

He was always a threat running the football. He was in college, same as his first year in the league. His accuracy numbers are up because he has improved, nothing else.

He was always talented enough to develop into a great pocket passer, and second year in the league he did. There's no telling if he can also continue to improve his game even more. Just because he is such a great runner does not take anything from him being also a great pocket passer.

Show me now how many of those outside the # completed passes weren’t wide open targets because he so big of a threat running, you have to play zone, you can’t turn your back on him, he’ll take off Running & he suck LB’s in on bootlegs, fakes, play action, read option plays which result in wide open targets. Yes he’s improved from his rookie year, but he still not a great passer yet, he’s not a QB that can throw WR’s open, drive the ball outside the #s through tight windows. Agree to disagree 

Edited by TitanRedd

Gladney is my favorite prospect right now who I think will be available at 29. Dude is a dog. Great athleticism but isn’t afraid to do the dirty work. That to me is what Vrabel wants. Henderson has amazing athleticism and good cover skills but is soft and afraid to tackle. Plus I think he’ll get drafted higher than 29. Maybe Vrabel could get that physically out of him because he’s definitely a good CB. I think if we take an OT, it won’t be high in the draft at all. I could see CB, interior rusher, or WR. 

• Like 1

In my final mock in the mock section I have you guys getting:

29. EDGE Zack Baun
61. OT Isaiah Wilson

93. TE Cole Kmet

Some great value all three picks, as those guys should of been taken before all of those spots. 

I gave you guys the fourth highest grade in the draft. I can grade it because this is what I think GMs do, not what I think should happens. 

Although I do see you guys might sign Clowney. 

Trade back and add some more picks(which we desperately need) and select Damon Arnette. Hell, I wouldn’t mind taking him at 29. Kid is pretty good. Gladney, Arnette, Henderson, Johnson, in that order at this point. My top 10 guys at 29 right now would be(assuming we sign Clowney)...

1.) Jeff Gladney

2.) Laviska Shenault

3.) Damon Arnette

4.) Marlon Davidson

5.) CJ Henderson

6.) Jaylon Johnson

7.) Ross Blacklock

8.) Justin Madubuike

9.) Jalen Reagor

10.) AJ Espenesa

Edited by ttitansfan4life

On 4/1/2020 at 11:25 PM, Andrei01 said:

We shall see in the years to come. I'm not buying into a guy who has been horrible with accuracy for several years just because he had one good season. Especially when his accuracy still looked bad in one of the two Ravens games I saw that year.

Even the guys who watch every game like Cossel are saying he is a run-first player and that's why they were so effective. He's not a great pocket passer and the general public will find that out soon enough.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 2

Dane Brugler (The Athletic) just released his 7 round mock draft earlier today. Here's our picks:

1 (29) - Yetur Matos-Gross, EDGE, Penn State
2 (61) - Damon Arnette , CB, Ohio State
3 (93) - Lucas Niang, OT, TCU
5 (174) - Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
7 (224) - Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska
7 (237) - Kalija Lipscombe, WR, Vanderbilt
7 (243) - Kyle Hinton, IOL, Washburn