What if the Colts kept Manning and traded their 1st pick to Washington?

patriotsheatyan

1 minute ago, patriotsheatyan said:

If the Colts kept Manning in 2012 and traded their 1st round pick to Washington for three firsts and a second, how would things have changed?

Luck may have retired even sooner 

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Why would Washington take that deal, though? Also--there's a good chance Snyder liked RG3 more than Luck, anyway...

The Redskins had the 6th overall pick before trading with the Rams for the second overall pick.

I think if Irsay would have kept Manning, it would have been the Browns and the Redskins who would have had the first two  pick ... In what order, I do not know but I remember that the Browns were the other team that were interested to have the second pick and they were very desperate to have a QB, so much that they took a 28 years old QB in the first round (22nd I believe) later in the draft!

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Why would Washington take that deal, though? Also--there's a good chance Snyder liked RG3 more than Luck, anyway...

I think Snyder is the kind of guy to trade to 1.1 and STILL pick RG3 - so that's what I think would happen.

Rams at 1.2 going with Luck and moving on from Sam Bradford? Highly doubtful, so someone probably gives up a mountain of picks to get Luck. 

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think Snyder is the kind of guy to trade to 1.1 and STILL pick RG3 - so that's what I think would happen.

That could be. You might be right. I guess I wasn't considering Snyder being involved, and the steep price of the proposed trade. 

Archived