2020 Draft Thread

beardown3231

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So you're telling me if the Bears went in with Trubisky against the Saints and Brees, you'd feel confident?

With this defense and with Payton's history on the road? Yes.

With Trubisky at QB last year, they beat Wilson, Stafford, Rodgers, and Goff in Chicago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Trask would be a UDFA if he came out. Burrow, on the other hand, looks terrific. At this point he may be picked in the bottom of round 1

Oh I don't want to draft him, he was just doing great against another top 10 team. Its more of a feel good story than anything. It would be cool to see him taken somewhere in the 7th, being a kid who never even started a varsity game in HS. But I don't want to see him in a Bears uniform. 

That INT was horrific though. Could have made the 1st with his legs and had 4 shots at the end zone. He gave that Leno-mental focus. Lol. 

I'd take Burrow, Idk if he is a going to be a real franchise changing QB but I like him more than I did Darnold, Rosen, Allen and a number of other first round draftees. 

Edited by Sugashane

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Last year doesn’t really matter.

All we can do is go off of that though. The sample size isn't big enough. He was implying they couldn't beat Brees with Trubisky at QB. Crazier things have happened, and they have beaten plenty of good teams in the Trubisky era

Edited by beardown3231

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2019 at 4:17 PM, WindyCity said:

Ideally Mitch plays well enough in the remaining 14 games that we stop looking at QBs. I have my doubts, but it is not impossible.

If he plays at a similar level to last season I think they have to add a mid round QB. There are a couple I like in the 3rd and 4th, which would be an easy trade down add.

If he continues to stink I think we need to look at 2nd round QBs, Burrow, Eason, Hurts.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:53 PM, Madmike90 said:

In the 2nd I would be furious.

Scratch that...I have just spent the last hour watching some more tape on Hurts...man oh man is Lincoln Riley an awesome developer of QBs...Hurts looks smarter, calmer, faster at processing information and to have a faster release since landing at Oklahoma compared to his days at Alabama where he was always praised to the highest extent for his leadership & work ethic...add his obvious athletic ability and he would be a real spark plug for this team and IMO could be a bigger, stronger, tougher Lamar Jackson...right now he is my #1 QB who could realistically be there at the bottom of the 1st - mid 2nd round range.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Scratch that...I have just spent the last hour watching some more tape on Hurts...man oh man is Lincoln Riley an awesome developer of QBs...Hurts looks smarter, calmer, faster at processing information and to have a faster release since landing at Oklahoma compared to his days at Alabama where he was always praised to the highest extent for his leadership & work ethic...add his obvious athletic ability and he would be a real spark plug for this team and IMO could be a bigger, stronger, tougher Lamar Jackson...right now he is my #1 QB who could realistically be there at the bottom of the 1st - mid 2nd round range.

Agree 100%. Tua is going top 3 and Burrow & Herbert top 15. I doubt Eason is a fit in this offense. I wouldn't mind Fromm either

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Hurts would be good but they will have to trade up for him no question. Regardless of that they will need to sign or trade for a vet QB because they cannot go into the draft banking on getting the guy they covet whether that's Hurts or whoever.

12 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Welcome. Lincoln Riley would be my NFL coach if I owned a team with a blank check to do so.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That is exactly what I'm hoping for. 

I expect them to look at Fromm more though. 

You think Fromm even declares?  It's looking like there could be a few QBs in this coming draft that would go ahead of him.  Maybe he'd prefer to wait another year to try and win a national championship and declare in 2021 when the QB class doesn't appear to be as top heavy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You think Fromm even declares?  It's looking like there could be a few QBs in this coming draft that would go ahead of him.  Maybe he'd prefer to wait another year to try and win a national championship and declare in 2021 when the QB class doesn't appear to be as top heavy. 

He may not,  but a guy who isn't physically great might be best served by coming out while he has elevated hits young WR corps' play.  I'd be comes back and that group recesses he will be the one opposing stock.  

He likely never really drives into an early pick discussion,  so if he it's looking like a 2nd rounder by seasons end, then to me the risk/reward for returning isn't in his factor since his stock could take a major fall.

I didn't factor chasing a championship at all before either thoigh,  that's a good point. 

That is purely my logic though,  I honestly have seen nothing indicating he is leading one way or another.  

Edited by Sugashane

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

He may not,  but a guy who isn't physically great might be best served by coming out while he has elevated hits young WR corps' play.  I'd be comes back and that group recesses he will be the one opposing stock.  

He likely never really drives into an early pick discussion,  so if he it's looking like a 2nd rounder by seasons end, then to me the risk/reward for returning isn't in his factor since his stock could take a major fall.

That is purely my logic though,  I honestly have seen nothing indicating he is leading one way or another.  

Good points.

I could see Pace & Nagy liking Fromm.  He seems like a smart QB and has the starting experience playing in a tough conference.  Not as physically gifted as the other prospects ranked ahead of him but that's not a knock on him.  Plus this regime loves drafting Georgia Bulldogs players as we've seen the past few drafts.  If they got Fromm they'd be reuniting him with his buddies Wims and Ridley.