2019 Week 1 Packers @ Bears Game Week discussion

boratt

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't even know if HHCD still has this in him. 

He may very well have reached the point where he's done with giving it his all. He got paid, he's sick of waking up in pain every day, he's going to collect his last few checks moving further and further down the bench until he's out of the league by 2021. He wouldn't be the first guy. 

I don't know what to expect from him. 

IDK, he's on a 1yr deal so I could see him going all out just to get one more sweet payday and then checking out

Just now, boratt said:

The reason the Packers do matchup well against the Bears excellent defense is that our offensive line is so experienced and talented. That and our QBs experience and talent. 

Last years week 1 version of 29 year old Bryan Bulaga only 9 months removed from ACL reconstruction surgery is quite different than this years week 1 healthy version. 

Last years week 1 version of Lane Taylor, still recovering from an ankle injury and not practicing or playing at 100% is different than this years healthy version.

Last years Justin McCray is different than this years Billy Turner. 

As good as the Bears are, especially Hicks and Mack, the Packers have guys who can handle them. I do expect AR to have some time and for him to hurt Chicago. I fully expect it.

We also have a QB who's going to hold the ball, who likely doesn't have the entire offense on the same page with the calls, and a coach that is very likely going to put us into some pressure package scenarios with antiquated play calling. 

We also have a QB who's going to hold the ball, who likely doesn't have the entire offense on the same page with the calls, and a coach that is very likely going to put us into some pressure package scenarios with antiquated play calling. 

Antiquated, really? Running the ball is timeless dude. 

• Like 2

Why are you on a message board instead of on the sidelines? 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't even know if HHCD still has this in him. 

He may very well have reached the point where he's done with giving it his all. He got paid, he's sick of waking up in pain every day, he's going to collect his last few checks moving further and further down the bench until he's out of the league by 2021. He wouldn't be the first guy. 

I don't know what to expect from him. 

I wouldn't doubt that at all.  I absolutely couldn't stand the effort he gave in his last year+ in Green Bay.  

Saying that though he is only 26 and he's yet to get that second contract.  If he does have a good season he wouldn't be the first guy who needed that second contract year to get that big pay day (ie Nick Perry).  Though it wasn't for an extended period of time, he's shown an elite play making ability.

Agree, have absolutely no idea what to expect. 

Just now, Golfman said:

:D You're like Barack Obama, can't admit when you're wrong and like him, it happens a whole lot! 

You know what opinions and *******s have in common? 

Could you be literally anymore of a stereotype? Jesus Christ man, go back to riding your damn lawnmower and complaining to the rest of the suburban old dudes about kids these days having no respect despite having berated the bartender at Applebees forty-five minutes earlier for not having Coors Light on tap. 

• Like 8

Could you be literally anymore of a stereotype? Jesus Christ man, go back to riding your damn lawnmower and complaining to the rest of the suburban old dudes about kids these days having no respect despite having berated the bartender at Applebees forty-five minutes earlier for not having Coors Light on tap. 

xD

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wow dude! You are wrong on every account in your rant of assumptions!