2019 Week 1 Packers @ Bears Game Week discussion

boratt

1 hour ago, gizmo2012 said:

Don't get too excited yet about the Packers.  At the end of last year they were closer to last place then first place. The QB (Rodgers) just had his 2nd bad year. Let's wait and see how they do these first few games. Anyone right now saying 10-6 or even 12-4 are nuts. I just hope these guys are really good and we will see on Thursday.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTCr9tj4mjQC12LBXQXNi

10-6

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

We had Matthews, Perry and Fackrell as pass rushers last year.

Clinton-Dix and Brice at safety.

McCarthy and Philbin as head coaches.

Billy Turner instead of McCary at guard. 

Then on the Bears side of things they lose Fangio which is greatly underrated. They lose Amos and replace him with Ha Ha and lose Callahan and replace him with, I"m not even sure. 

The Bears are not as good as they were last year. 

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

My entire youth baseball 100 years ago was spent on crappy teams. I wanted one of those $2 trophies so bad. Finally won an All Star tournament where I pitched a complete game to win it. Even though I was older at the time I couldn't wait for that plastic validation that eluded me for years. Of course, that was the first year that some moron thought paper certificates would be better. I crumpled it up and threw it on the ground and walked away. 

I know exactly what you went through. I wanted a golf trophy SO bad. Played in lots of junior tournaments. Finally I won a Northern California Golf Association junior tournament, and at the awards ceremony they gave me a stupid, tiny medallion. Dang.

11 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Billy Turner instead of McCary at guard. 

Then on the Bears side of things they lose Fangio which is greatly underrated. They lose Amos and replace him with Ha Ha and lose Callahan and replace him with, I"m not even sure. 

The Bears are not as good as they were last year. 

Expect less zone and far more man-to-man with Pagano.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Interesting.  I feel like if I was in a division with Aaron Rodgers, I would run much more zone coverages.  Pretty sure Aaron’s history suggests zone is a better defense against him.

Their CB's are not great at man to man. Especially Amukumara (no idea if I spelled that right). The other one, Fuller, last year. He was basically in the doghouse prior until Fangio worked with him. 

If you watch the second half we made our big plays (Allison and Adams) when they got man to man. 

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tom Silverstein:  LaFleur said he has given Rodgers a green light to change things at the line of scrimmage if he sees things he doesn't like. The question is how many things can he change to.

BuT rOdGeRs Is OuT oF cOnTrOl AnD dOeS wHaTeVeR hE wAnTs!

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tom Silverstein:  LaFleur said he has given Rodgers a green light to change things at the line of scrimmage if he sees things he doesn't like. The question is how many things can he change to.

I listened to the press conference. Sounds like he has a full menu, or what Lafleur considers a full menu. 

I do see why you’re asking the question though because Rodgers made it sound like the offense is barely just getting started. I have a feeling that a full menu to Lafleur might be a little different than what AR is used to. 

However, there might be some magic in finding that balance. Sometimes just a really fast pace puts defenses on their heels more than constant audibles. So I’d like to see a little of both.