2019 Week 1 Packers @ Bears Game Week discussion

boratt

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Their CB's are not great at man to man. Especially Amukumara (no idea if I spelled that right). The other one, Fuller, last year. He was basically in the doghouse prior until Fangio worked with him. 

If you watch the second half we made our big plays (Allison and Adams) when they got man to man. 

The 75 yard Cobb TD was against Zone, so was the Allison 15 yard first down on 3rd and 14. 

Allison's 39 yard TD was clearly man. 

Adams' TD was from the 12 yard line. Hard to call that zone or man one way or another. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The 75 yard Cobb TD was against Zone, so was the Allison 15 yard first down on 3rd and 14. 

Allison's 39 yard TD was clearly man. 

Adams' TD was from the 12 yard line. Hard to call that zone or man one way or another. 

Adams big catch along the sidelines was clearly man to man as well. 

Adams TD looked like zone as Amukurama stayed off when he went inside. When he got to the endzone it was pretty clear that it was a mismatch of epic proportion. 

They are not going to match up well with us man to man. 

Edited by Golfman

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Adams big catch along the sidelines was clearly man to man as well. 

Adams TD looked like zone as Amukurama stayed off when he went inside. 

They are not going to match up well with us man to man. 

I think you are vastly overstating the weaknesses of a defense who finished #1 in defensive passer rating by 8 points last year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think you are vastly overstating the weaknesses of a defense who finished #1 in defensive passer rating by 8 points last year.

No I'm not, I'm stating the ability of their CB's to play man to man coverage. Throw in that they  lost 2 of their top 5 DB's last year and they are not as good in the back end as they were last year. Their front front 7 is pretty damn good, but so is our offensive line. 

If they don't put a ton of heat on Rodgers, he will pick them apart. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Um, the Bears front most certainly WILL put pressure on Rodgers all night long.  There’s no “if” about it.  If Rodgers doesn’t get the ball out in 2.5 seconds or less, Mack and company will come calling, and Rodgers can’t take many shots.  And I’m not underselling our offensive line - they’re very good - but this Bears D line at home are coming hard as he!! all night long.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

No I'm not, I'm stating the ability of their CB's to play man to man coverage. Throw in that they  lost 2 of their top 5 DB's last year and they are not as good in the back end as they were last year. Their front front 7 is pretty damn good, but so is our offensive line. 

They replaced Adrian Amos with HHCD at Safety, a position that wasn't involved in a single of the big plays you're referring to and doesn't usually integrate much in the man to man looks.

They replaced Bryce Callahan with Buster Skrine, arguably an upgrade, and again, it happened at the slot CB spot, similarly a position that none of the plays you're referring to was covering. 

This Bears defense is still going to be excellent. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

So, just to play devil's advocate - if you're putting the Bears front 7 in the "pretty damn good" category, can you really put our O-line in that same category? Billy Turner looks like he'll be good but is relatively unproven, Lane Taylor battled for his job against a rookie down to the wire, and Bulaga is lucky if he gets through a game healthy. Bahk and Linsley are the ones that stand out. As opposed to Akiem Hicks, Eddie Goldman, Bilal Nichols (maybe the weakest link), Mack, Trevathan, Smith and Floyd?

Gosh I love da Packers, but I'm not sure I can say that our O-Line is as good as their front 7. At least not yet. 

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cousins twice.

Stafford twice.

Rodgers twice.

Wilson.

Rosen.

Brady.

Fitzpatrick.

Tannehill.

Darnold.

Allen.

Goff.

Manning.

Whoever the QB was for the Niners in week 15.

With Fangio, Callahan, Amos and minus Clinton-Dix.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

They replaced Adrian Amos with HHCD at Safety, a position that wasn't involved in a single of the big plays you're referring to and doesn't usually integrate much in the man to man looks.

They replaced Bryce Callahan with Buster Skrine, arguably an upgrade, and again, it happened at the slot CB spot, similarly a position that none of the plays you're referring to was covering. 

This Bears defense is still going to be excellent. 

Adrian Amos was by far their most underrated player and you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think he was a huge reason for their success.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Cousins twice.

Stafford twice.

Rodgers twice.

Wilson.

Rosen.

Brady.

Fitzpatrick.

Tannehill.

Darnold.

Allen.

Goff.

Manning.

I"m tempted to say Fangio is the biggest loss and the one that will possibly have the most impact.

5 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

I"m tempted to say Fangio is the biggest loss and the one that will possibly have the most impact.

I agree.  It’s not easy to pick up a new scheme no matter how much talent you have.  Especially early in the season.  

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Cousins twice.

Stafford twice.

Rodgers twice.

Wilson.

Rosen.

Brady.

Fitzpatrick.

Tannehill.

Darnold.

Allen.

Goff.

Manning.

We played 12 of the same 16 games.

2 of which they played a better QB (Rodgers vs. Trubisky) and I haven't looked at the other two games. And we finished 28th in passer rating. 

Is that even a below average passer rating compared to the league average?

Amos is also a safety. They kept their two most important pieces. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We played 12 of the same 16 games.

2 of which they played a better QB (Rodgers vs. Trubisky) and I haven't looked at the other two games. And we finished 28th in passer rating. 

Is that even a below average passer rating compared to the league average?

Amos is also a safety. They kept their two most important pieces. 

Safety is the most underrated position in football, I swear.