Week 1 - Rams @ Panthers

RamRod

Good day. We were clearly rusty (as were the Panthers), but we won an ugly, sloppy game on the road against a good football team. That's all that matters. Gurley's performance was reassuring. We may have to manage his workload, but the guy can still ball. Malcolm Brown is still a wrecking ball out there. The OL held its own against one of the NFL's best fronts. The defense had its ups and downs, but Taylor Rapp looks like a player.

• Like 5

The Rams offense looked rusty and they still put up 30pts. To me Goff will be ready against the Saints next week at home to ball out. I loved what I saw from the oline and running game. Thats the reason why the FO was confident in Noteboom and Allen because they didnt spend high draft picks on the OL and they didnt resign Saffold. The defense made plays and it feels great to have Peters and Talib to literally erase Moore and Samuel. Did those guys even play? CMC had to do everything because without him I dont think the Panthers score. Littleton had a big day. The Rams won when Donald wasnt noticeable like he usually is. Give props to Fowler for creating that pressure helping the defense out. Now its Saints week and Im ready for them. Saints are (1-4) in the Payton/Brees era when they play the Rams on the road. You have to go back to 2009 to see the Saints win at Rams. They are on a 3 game losing streak on the road against the Rams. So the Saints will have their hands full next Sunday.  

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

So Brown is running the ball....it's official now, GUrley is done :(

Yeah, Gurley didn't look so done to me.

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

Oline is very weak as predicted...it's gonna be a long season

Flounch, we went to the Super Bowl last year, we won the division each of the past two years, and McVay is now 25-8 as a HC in the regular season. How are you still so negative? Lol. ;)

• Like 4

Luckily our defense was here to win the game. 

I still don't know what to think about Gurley. It's again a strange game for him, wasn't use in a scoring position, 2 fumbles very ugly 1st half but at the end he sealed the game. 

Goff wasn't sharp, missed a lot of throw, missed open player. 

Against the Saints we can't play like that. 

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, Gurley didn't look so done to me.

Flounch, we went to the Super Bowl last year, we won the division each of the past two years, and McVay is now 25-8 as a HC in the regular season. How are you still so negative? Lol. ;)

Maybe thats his way of playing reverse psychology lol. Be negative so positive outcomes will happen. Thats what Im starting to think. 

4 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Luckily our defense was here to win the game. 

I still don't know what to think about Gurley. It's again a strange game for him, wasn't use in a scoring position, 2 fumbles very ugly 1st half but at the end he sealed the game. 

Goff wasn't sharp, missed a lot of throw, missed open player. 

Against the Saints we can't play like that. 

We scored 30 points.

• Like 1

Very solid team win. Especially on the road and against Carolina.  

But the selfish side of me wants wins and MVP stats from Goff consistently 

hopefully Goff was just rusty. Didn’t like seeing him locking in on his wrs and not taking what the defense gave him. He missed seeing a few open receivers on a few drives