Peterson a possible Inactive

LoganF89

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Not when that RB is a HOF RB and is still one of the best in the game compared to Doctson who couldn't even separate himself from PRich or the other no name WRs on this team. 

He was a great player, and he had a good season last year.  But again, he will be retired by the time the Redskins are relevant.  Keeping a 34 year old RB over a 26 year old WR you spent a 1st round pick on when you're rebuilding is just stupid.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

He was a great player, and he had a good season last year.  But again, he will be retired by the time the Redskins are relevant.  Keeping a 34 year old RB over a 26 year old WR you spent a 1st round pick on when you're rebuilding is just stupid.  

Not when the 26 year old isn't contributing to the freaking team. Like I said I agree to disagree. This will be my last reply. Your more than welcome to have the last word. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He led all Redskins WRs in receiving yards last year.  

Bottom line is both Doctson and Peterson should be on the Redskins roster. They are both one of the top 53 players we had on the roster.

The only reason Doctson isn’t here anymore is because of Brice Allen’s ego/politics. 

No problem with AD being on the brink, I believe Guice is the better player currently. If they’re only going to use one traditional RB on the active game day roster, I think it should be him. 

However, the offered rationale for doing that (using one traditional RB) is bewildering to me. They want to play Smallwood because of special teams? ...what?

Why did they keep Sims if they’re not going to use him as a return man? And we know that Stroman can return punts at least, if they don’t want to use Sims. They’ve got Everett, Apke, JHC, Robert Davis, McLaurin, Holcomb, SDH, any reserve CB, etc. who look to be core special teamers. Why would they need Smallwood out there so badly? Having two primary ball-carriers to give the rock to is clearly more important than whatever marginal upgrade Smallwood offers over other ST options.

With that said, let’s slow down on acting like AD is untouchable on the roster. He had a truly amazing start to the season last year. But over the last 9 games, he averaged 3.67 yards/carry and caught only 11 passes for 57 yards. And if you take out the one long 90 yard run against Philly, he averaged 2.97 yards/carry in that stretch. Terrible offense altogether during that span, admittedly, but that’s still over half a season of poor production. When you factor in his age, he really shouldn’t be starting the year as RB1 unless he clearly earned it over Guice in the offseason. Which he evidently has not. 

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

No problem with AD being on the brink, I believe Guice is the better player currently. If they’re only going to use one traditional RB on the active game day roster, I think it should be him. 

However, the offered rationale for doing that (using one traditional RB) is bewildering to me. They want to play Smallwood because of special teams? ...what?

Why did they keep Sims if they’re not going to use him as a return man? And we know that Stroman can return punts at least, if they don’t want to use Sims. They’ve got Everett, Apke, JHC, Robert Davis, McLaurin, Holcomb, SDH, any reserve CB, etc. who look to be core special teamers. Why would they need Smallwood out there so badly? Having two primary ball-carriers to give the rock to is clearly more important than whatever marginal upgrade Smallwood offers over other ST options.

With that said, let’s slow down on acting like AD is untouchable on the roster. He had a truly amazing start to the season last year. But over the last 9 games, he averaged 3.67 yards/carry and caught only 11 passes for 57 yards. And if you take out the one long 90 yard run against Philly, he averaged 2.97 yards/carry in that stretch. Terrible offense altogether during that span, admittedly, but that’s still over half a season of poor production. When you factor in his age, he really shouldn’t be starting the year as RB1 unless he clearly earned it over Guice in the offseason. Which he evidently has not. 

Sims is also the very fragile Trey Quinn's back up in the slot. Like Smallwood, he serves two roles.

Also, it's hard to blame our playmakers for not performing the second half of last year, we had entire starting OL that was either playing injured or out for the year with injury and our top two QBs were out with broken legs so, we brought in two street free agents. The first one was awful - which surprised no one -and the other one was average but it's hard to run the ball when your two starting OL on the left side are our for the season with injuries, your pro bowl RG is out with injuries and your center and RT are playing with injuries which needed off-season surgery.

Edited by turtle28