FA 2020

drfrey13

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Trading Cooper was an excellent move. I was shocked we got a 1st and thought Jerry was an idiot. I’d trade ANY WR for a 1st after their first four years not named Michael Thomas. WR is the most recyclable position in the league and you should never pay one. 

Finally something we agree on :) Although your take on Cooper being a top 12 WR or an elite one at that I totally disagree with. 

• Like 1

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Finally something we agree on :) Although your take on Cooper being a top 12 WR or an elite one at that I totally disagree with. 

Did I call him a elite? Don’t remember. I thought I called him Top 12 and a WR1. But we took the Cowboys to the cleaners, that’s for sure. 

WRs are easily replaceable. Paying a WR 20M per certainly isn’t an ingredient to a Super Bowl Champion. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Did I call him a elite? Don’t remember. I thought I called him Top 12 and a WR1. But we took the Cowboys to the cleaners, that’s for sure. 

WRs are easily replaceable. Paying a WR 20M per certainly isn’t an ingredient to a Super Bowl Champion. 

Exactly.  What's your take on taking a WR with one of our first 2 draft picks?  

I want to see 2 D players taken and a WR drafted later on but I'm not and expert and if Mayock thinks a WR is the best value with either of those picks I hope I will be on board with it after I do some research.... I just hope he is a stud.  My limited knowledge (I haven't watched much footage other than worthless youtube highlights) of the WR's at the top of the draft, I like Lamb the best from what I have seen.

I would love to see a 3T like Brown or Kinlaw and a CB like Okuda or CJ Henderson.  All of that could change with free agency but as of now that is what I would like to see. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly.  What's your take on taking a WR with one of our first 2 draft picks?  

I want to see 2 D players taken and a WR drafted later on but I'm not and expert and if Mayock thinks a WR is the best value with wither of those picks I just hope he is a stud.  My limited knowledge (I haven't watched much footage other than worthless youtube highlights) of the WR's at the top of the draft, I like Lamb the best from what I have seen.

I would love to see a 3T like Brown or Kinlaw and a CB like Okuda or CJ Henderson.  All of that could change with free agency but as of now that is what I would like to see. 

Okudah and Simmons would help the team more than anything. Obviously both way more valuable than any WR. I also love Brown as well. I’d take all three over any WR. Especially when you can get Jefferson or even Mims at 19. Jefferson is a very talented WR. 

As for Kinlaw, I like him, but he is indeed a little raw and has knee issues. Your classic Complete Superstar or Total Bust pick. There is no middle range for him. 

If Okudah, Simmons, and Brown are gone (extremely probable) I think the value lies in Jeudy, Ruggs, and Lamb at 12. 

Will be a fun draft. 

(we are both Raider fans, hope you realize that) 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Okudah and Simmons would help the team more than anything. Obviously both way more valuable than any WR. I also love Brown as well. I’d take all three over any WR. Especially when you can get Jefferson or even Mims at 19. Jefferson is a very talented WR. 

As for Kinlaw, I like him, but he is indeed a little raw and has knee issues. Your classic Complete Superstar or Total Bust pick. There is no middle range for him. 

If Okudah, Simmons, and Brown are gone (extremely probable) I think the value lies in Jeudy, Ruggs, and Lamb at 12. 

Will be a fun draft. 

(we are both Raider fans, hope you realize that) 

Thanks for the insight and I know we both are.  We both want what's best for the franchise and I think being a dumpster fire of an organization for the last 20 years gets hardcore fans a bit testy.... 

I have to do more research on college players (especially Kinlaw, which I dodn't realize he had knee issues) and a lot of the WR's.  

If we can't land a quality CB in FA then I would be all for drafting a CB with one of our first 2 picks.  I would not be disappointed with Okuda, Henderson or Diggs.  Murray would be intriguing at LB but LB's are similar to WR's as I feel value can be had later on if the proper scouting is done.  

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:
The Raiders are pushing hard for cornerback Byron Jones. Right now, it looks to be between the Raiders and the Eagles. The price tag is expected to be somewhere around $18 million/annually."

18M? Wow. Must be a bidding war cause it was projected to be 16M before FA. 

The record is like 14.8 per for CBs. This would shatter it.

Just now, BayRaider said:

18M? Wow. Must be a bidding war cause it was projected to be 16M before FA. 

The record is like 14.8 per for CBs. This would shatter it.

This scares the hell out of me. Breaking the bank at CB just seems foolish.  I know most of you seem to be all in on this guy but is he really that good? 

1 minute ago, FreshPrince said:

This scares the hell out of me. Breaking the bank at CB just seems foolish.  I know most of you seem to be all in on this guy but is he really that good? 

I wouldn’t say he’s a superstar by any means... but he’s perfect scheme fit. Solid press corner, good man coverage, and physical run defender. 

The Raiders have been searching for a corner since Nnamdi. It’s been our most deprived position since then.