FA 2020

drfrey13

26 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

@Gannon12 is this biggest troll on this sub forum. We get it you don't like Carr. But we are all tired of you bringing him up in every thread as the reason to back whatever crazy take you throw out there on the subject matter that has nothing to do with Carr. Its embarrassing.

Nope sorry you are too sensitive @OG_C2X. Lol the only embarrassing part is your take on QB’s. Strike out every time.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I wouldn't mind signing Schobert and Vigil to alleviate the need at linebacker completely before the draft. I wonder what the Vigil market will look like. I anticipate Schobert will be about $12 million per. Maybe $8-10 for Vigil (Anthony Hitchens comp).

• Byron Jones - $16 per
  • Schobert - $12 per
  • Vigil - $10 per

That's $38 million right there leaving the team about $12 million before cuts. That's quite a chunk of change. Whitehead clears $6,250,000 and Jackson clears almost $10 million. I think those guys are as good as gone.

The Raiders could then go into the draft with more flexibility. I'm thinking something like this:

#12: Having linebacker sorted gives the team more flexibility in leveraging the depth at receiving in this draft. I think there's a good chance a premier non-receiver makes it to 12. I'm not a huge fan of Derrick Brown, but I think he would be in play if he fell. I generally don't think defensive tackle is a need, but an elite defensive tackle changes life for your defense. My preference would be for Kinlaw.

#19:  Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs will almost certainly be gone, but this class's strength is at receiver and there still should be some good ones here. Reagor, Aiyuk, and Shenault seem to be the types of players Gruden would want to add. Remember, Nelson and Davis were added specifically for their speed and their ability as runners. I expect the receiver the Raiders add would be a guy they could use on jet sweeps and screens, as well as stretch the defense. I think Reagor makes sense here.

I think this us pretty well thought through, the only detail I dont like us giving Vigil 10mil. He's an average LB and similar to Whitehead in that he makes a pile of tackles but only after the receiver he's covering has caught the ball or after the runner had made 5 yards. I dont see any real upgrade to Lee either. If (or when) Kirksey gets cut he'd be the guy I bring in cheap to play next to Schobert. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

@Gannon12 is this biggest troll on this sub forum. We get it you don't like Carr. But we are all tired of you bringing him up in every thread as the reason to back whatever crazy take you throw out there on the subject matter that has nothing to do with Carr. Its embarrassing.

We need 2 sub forums:

Carr’s a decent QB, he’s our guy until something better is available 

Carr’s literally hitler... I mean the worst QB ever..maybe even the worst person ever

With 2 forums we could actually have some good conversations

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

We need 2 sub forums:

Carr’s literally hitler... I mean the worst QB ever..maybe even the worst person ever

No one overreacted that much and when people force it in and someone responds to it then all of a sudden it’s Armageddon. The pointing fingers is just as old as the discussion itself.

37 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Nope sorry you are too sensitive @OG_C2X. Lol the only embarrassing part is your take on QB’s. Strike out every time.

I’m too sensitive. Lol I am never been called that. Actually I regularly accused of being heartless, having zero emotions and empathy.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think this us pretty well thought through, the only detail I dont like us giving Vigil 10mil. He's an average LB and similar to Whitehead in that he makes a pile of tackles but only after the receiver he's covering has caught the ball or after the runner had made 5 yards. I dont see any real upgrade to Lee either. If (or when) Kirksey gets cut he'd be the guy I bring in cheap to play next to Schobert. 

Yeah Vigil is equal to Lee, but would be 9mil+ cheaper.... that’s a hard pass 

3-4mil for him is fair

15 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

No one overreacted that much and when people force it in and someone responds to it then all of a sudden it’s Armageddon. The pointing fingers is just as old as the discussion itself.

Was it you or someone else that said Carr was one of the all time worst QBs according to stats. 
this whole Carr shouldn’t even exist. The anti Carr’s should be reasonable and say he’s average and it’s time to move on.  Carr supporters admit he’s average but think it’s worth keeping him cuz the other options aren’t better 

17 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I haven’t seen many proCarrs calling people trolls and name calling or insulting.  I may have missed it but it seems like the Anti Carr’s are the ones name calling and insulting posters that disagree.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

We need 2 sub forums:

We need 3 sub forums: 

• Carr's a franchise QB and arguably one of the top 5 QB's in the league. 

• Carr's a decent QB but we could definitely upgrade the position.

• Carr's one of the worst starting QB's in the league and we need to move on immediately. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

We need 3 sub forums: 

• Carr's a franchise QB and arguably one of the top 5 QB's in the league. 

• Carr's a decent QB but we could definitely upgrade the position.

• Carr's one of the worst starting QB's in the league and we need to move on immediately. 

I really don’t see many people who are in #1... to me at least it’s 2 vs 3

• Like 3

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Mario Addison could be a nice vet pickup. 34 total tackles, 20 solo, six tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles last season but is 32.

Addison, Everson Griffin, Robert Quinn would all be good replacements for Mayowa.

id like to add that with resigning D.Jordan The need for a DE and DL is much less because he plays both.  We could go with one of those DEs and then a lesser DT

• Like 1