FA 2020

drfrey13

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

What do you think Slay costs in a trade and what kind of deal would we be able to sign him for.

if it’s a 81/91 in compensation and a 3y deal at 15-16M in onboard but I don’t think a 2nd (I know we’d have to acquire one) and then sign him for 17M+ is worth it.

to me it comes down to slay and Jones being equal... their close enough in level of play to just call them both CB1s ... so it comes down to how much more money does one cost vs the other and what is that worth in draft capital.  

19 for Slay and 35. Puts Slays value at pick 57/58. Probably too rich for most people but I would probably pull the trigger on it.

I would extend him 3 years at 1M/per year more then Jones got. So if Jones get 16M/year

I would sign Slay to a a 4 year 63M deal with the Raiders. 

4 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

19 for Slay and 35. Puts Slays value at pick 57/58. Probably too rich for most people but I would probably pull the trigger on it.

I would extend him 3 years at 1M/per year more then Jones got. So if Jones get 16M/year

I love ya but I’d say heckkkk no to that. 
is slay that much better than the younger Jones?  

10 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Hard pass on the trade and paying him more than Jones.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I love ya but I’d say heckkkk no to that. 
is slay that much better than the younger Jones?  

yeah like I said I dont expect it to be popular but I think he fetches a 2nd and we don't have one and this works.

Slay is my 1b to Gilmore as best CB in the NFL. I am a massive Slay fan, have been since the draft. 

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hard pass on the trade and paying him more than Jones.

I get the trade... see my response to JimKelly above...

as for the Contract he is up for a new contract next year and will 100% get more then Jones because he is much better then Jones and only 2 years older..

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like Carlos Hyde rejected a contract from the Texans. I'd gladly pair him with Jacobs.

He’s been my RB of choice this offseason. Rather spend a draft pick on another position. Also, would like a vet to go along with Jacobs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Way too much for a CB that’s about to turn 30. Rather just pay Jones. 

The Athletic did a mock FA we ended up with:

Anthony Harris S

Trae Waynes CB

Joe Schobert LB 

Jarran Reed DT 

Marcus Mariota QB 

would be down for this but would rather use Mariota money on a starting LB.

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

yeah like I said I dont expect it to be popular but I think he fetches a 2nd and we don't have one and this works.

Slay is my 1b to Gilmore as best CB in the NFL. I am a massive Slay fan, have been since the draft. 

Hey listen I’m not disagreeing with anything your saying... I just don’t like the value.  But I also have him rated a little lower than you.  Everyone’s entitled to different opinions and we’re just off a bit on this one.

id like up a 3rd maybe 3rd and 5th in ‘21 for Slay and pay him pretty much what you’d pay him or slightly less.

1 hour ago, Gannon12 said:

He left in his wheelchair. No Deal

Apparently he wouldn’t accept a pay cut from his $7.75M salary so he was released.  If he thinks he’s gonna get 7-8M I think he’s crazy... 5M max!  Well, maybe we circle back to him once reality kicks in

• Like 1