Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

Just now, Ketchup said:

Like I said in the other thread, it would for me. I don’t care where he signed, it’s absolutely ridiculous that he’s able to be signed by an NFL team after physically threatening a GM and calling him a racial slur. 

You're joking right? I mean.. Tyreek Hill just got a $54m extension 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

His total dollars ($15M from NE) is 50% of his guaranteed money from Oakland.  

Yeah, that’s been established. And it makes zero sense to compare apples to oranges unless you’re trying to make it sound like Brown came out on top of this from a dollar standpoint. 

Total: $15M vs $50M.

GTD: $9M vs $30M+. 

Hell of an upgrade.

Another thing that makes this whole thing look like it was staged from the beginning is the amount of money the Patriots are paying him.  Does anyone really think that another team would have been willing to pay a guy that much after he has acted like such a buffoon on his previous team?  With that in mind, why are the Patriots so quick to sign him to such a lucrative contract?

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

Considering they employee guys that beat women and children, AB is model citizen.

He is boosting ratings and creating drama, without hurting anyone, doing drugs or really doing anything but making himself look like a child. I'm sure they love AB right now.

We are talking about the guy that was sued for throwing furniture out the window and allegedly almost killing a right?

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

Another thing that makes this whole thing look like it was staged from the beginning is the amount of money the Patriots are paying him.  Does anyone really think that another team would have been willing to pay a guy that much after he has acted like such a buffoon on his previous team?  With that in mind, why are the Patriots so quick to sign him to such a lucrative contract?

Because they can? Their roster is loaded and are paying one of the best receivers in the league only 9m guaranteed. They can cut him and move on easily

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, that’s been established. And it makes zero sense to compare apples to oranges unless you’re trying to make it sound like Brown came out on top of this from a dollar standpoint. 

Total: $15M vs $50M.

GTD: $9M vs $30M+. 

Hell of an upgrade.

Except it's actually 15M vs. 30 because I dont believe he intended to every play for Oakland and as long as he does play for NE he will get the full 15.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

j-jonah-laughing.gif

I don't know what's so funny about what I said.  You might think I was naive for believing in them up to now, but I have always overlooked the other "scandals" and written them off as sour grapes by teams who just can't beat them.  This one, though, is just too obvious to overlook. 

Just now, Malfatron said:

9 million guaranteed keeps Brown happy, which is a must for this to work.

The thing is, if the Patriots weren't in on this from the beginning and orchestrating all the ridiculous behavior, why would they risk $9M on a guy who looks like he won't be worth keeping around until Week 2? 

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Except it's actually 15M vs. 30 because I dont believe he intended to every play for Oakland and as long as he does play for NE he will get the full 15.

and its not 15 vs 30 either. 

it was 30 for the life of the old contract 

Brown will eclipse that with his next offseason deal

Archived