Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Because you are taking it out of context saying basically "Oh only because it's the Pats, we get hounded for everything" when there is a solid reason behind it. Has nothing to do with the Pats reputation.

So since there was interest before, maybe it was easier to get a deal done? I'm just not buying it

If this is true, I can't wait for the documentary because this whole story has been wild.

I think I'm about to go bet big on the Pats right now. I'm sure AB told Bellichick every play in the Steelers offense, and any specific gameplans they've ever had for the Patriots.

I thought the Pats would win this game before AB was signed, but now I want to bet on it.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think I'm about to go bet big on the Pats right now. I'm sure AB told Bellichick every play in the Steelers offense, and any specific gameplans they've ever had for the Patriots.

I thought the Pats would win this game before AB was signed, but now I want to bet on it.

You act like Bill Belicheck needs any of that in order to beat the Steelers? He doesn't. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Another thing that makes this whole thing look like it was staged from the beginning is the amount of money the Patriots are paying him.  Does anyone really think that another team would have been willing to pay a guy that much after he has acted like such a buffoon on his previous team?  With that in mind, why are the Patriots so quick to sign him to such a lucrative contract?

15m to significantly increase their Super Bowl odds is a small price to pay. They have the cap space and the need, there is no long term risk here. Didn’t even have to give up draft capital...

Just now, Uncle Buck said:
3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You act like Bill Belicheck needs any of that in order to beat the Steelers? He doesn't. 

Probably not, but do think BB would turn down having the information? 

What information do you honestly believe BB needs that hasn't been game planned for the last 3 weeks 15 hrs before a game?

He doesn't need help. I'd think his record against them would suggest that?

So I’ve been thinking the past hour or two on this:

-Either AB never wanted to be in Oakland in the first place, and only signed the contract trying to con them out of money. 

Or

-At first he wanted to be there and they wouldn’t give him what he wanted (off days, ability to not have a roommate, gameplans tailored for him) and he decided he wanted out. 

Either way. That’s a crap human being. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

So I’ve been thinking the past hour or two on this:

-Either AB never wanted to be in Oakland in the first place, and only signed the contract trying to con them out of money. 

Or

-At first he wanted to be there and they wouldn’t give him what he wanted (off days, ability to not have a roommate, gameplans tailored for him) and he decided he wanted out. 

Either way. That’s a crap human being. 

guessing the latter

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The game plan has been set for 2 weeks, if not longer. It's too late to change or add anything now. 

There is nothing brown can tell bb that he didn't learn from say, James Harrison. 

BB has an extensive file on every coach in the NFL already

What you should be doing is betting on Denver 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know if I buy that one.  He gave up $30 million to play in Oakland for only a possible $15 million to play in New England?  Brady and Belichick are great and so is winning, but would it really be worth giving up $15 million for the privilege?  It sure wouldn't be worth it for me.  Plus, you go from living in LA to living in Boston.  No thank you.

You act like he's not going to get another contract next year for some reason.

Once he gets that deal, he'll be right back where he was if he stayed with the Raiders.

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What information do you honestly believe BB needs that hasn't been game planned for the last 3 weeks 15 hrs before a game?

He doesn't need help. I'd think his record against them would suggest that?

As I said before, he may not need help, but if help is there, you can be sure Belichick is going to take it.