Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well fantasy wise you should be jumping for joy, no doubt. As a Chiefs fan though you should of hoped he stayed a Raider. Your SB chances just got a hole lot worse.

Yeah, I'm a skeptical Chiefs fan though. I have concerns our defense won't take us to a Super Bowl anyway and we never seem to perform when expected to.

Hurting the Raiders is always a win as a Chiefs fan $$$

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nope, released over behavior and huge amounts of evidence he never planned to play for the organization. 

But what can the league even do. What law does that violate is what Im saying. Its wrong. Completely obvious he acted like a moron detrimental to the team in order to get released with a colluded agreement with another team that they would offer him if he got out of the Raiders. Its a freaking NBA move of forcing yourself to the team you want by holding the other hostage. 

Horrible if the league lets that become a standard.

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

But what can the league even do. What law does that violate is what Im saying. Its wrong. Completely obvious he acted like a moron detrimental to the team in order to get released with a colluded agreement with another team that they would offer him if he got out of the Raiders. Its a freaking NBA move of forcing yourself to the team you want by holding the other hostage. 

Horrible if the league lets that become a standard.

You’d have to refund season ticket holders too, lol.

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

If all he wanted to do was win, then why did he get himself suspended for week 17 last season with the playoffs on the line?

he might have had enough of the team he was with or possibly more specific a teammate or maybe a coach etc. I don't know where the grudge was there, but it was turmoil  no doubt.  One thing I can't see happening is if he misbehaves with the pats, they won't tolerate it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You’d have to refund season ticket holders too, lol.

No, that’s a 100% team purchase. Personally I expect the NFL to offer refunds/exchanges on all AB jerseys but will be keeping an eye on it. 

And no, I never bought one myself. I only buy second year players that are first or second round picks. 

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Lawsuit talk is useless. There is no guarantee that any player will ever play for any team.

The Raiders should/could offer an exchange but you bought the jersey of a scumbag so you get what you paid for. 

Or you can go burn it in a Plaza and pretend he's Lebron James? Always that option too.

Edited by Nabbs4u

35 minutes ago, warfelg said:
38 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think AB still getting his 30M

Well it's been completely voided.  Ex-Steelers, winning by giving up money!

I'm pretty sure if he files a grievance complaint against the Raiders and wins then the Raiders a take $29M cap hit and the Steelers take a $21M hit.

Not that he would win because his dumbass posted that video.

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No, that’s a 100% team purchase. Personally I expect the NFL to offer refunds/exchanges on all AB jerseys but will be keeping an eye on it. 

So what makes it different from any other player being cut? From a fan perspective. Because I’m well aware you’re operating under 100% certainty that Brown snaked his way out of Oakland. But a fan who bought a FA’s jersey, only for said player to be cut, ought to be offered a refund then too? They were expecting that player to play.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

So what makes it different from any other player being cut? From a fan perspective. Because I’m well aware you’re operating under 100% certainty that Brown snaked his way out of Oakland. But a fan who bought a FA’s jersey, only for said player to be cut, ought to be offered a refund then too? They were expecting that player to play.

No because it can be argued that AB never planned to play a snap here. The NFL, Raiders, and AB would all be listed as defendants. I don’t wanna get in trouble so PM me if you have any other questions on that. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, August4th said:

seeing AB being Photoshop in a pat uniform made me realized that those uniforms are kinda junk

they should go back to those red jerseys full time

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I also like their color rush jersey. But yeah the red one is great. 

Related image

_03uunTO-ueQjU6CfD0x-XdMRR3qzgQ8TzFD0391

Bills also have great red jerseys

Edited by DigInBoys
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DigInBoys said:

Not a fan of those bills ones. But the ted jersey/white helmet Pat uniform and regular blue jersey/white helmet Bill uniform are two of the best in sports for sure. 

Unlike the Jets, good lord. 2nd ugliest jersey in the league next to the Bucs.