Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Bobikus said:

I've got no hard feelings towards the guy.  He's by leaps and bounds the best offensive player I've seen on the team in my lifetime.

Yeah...who cares if he was a complete diva POS.     Lets just ignore that part.

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

No, he'll get cut. Patriots don't cover stuff up, they'll leave you hanging.

Pats definitely cover stuff up in certain situations

What they dont do is publicly address discipline issues with players, a la Mayock and Gruden repeatedly coming out and making comments about AB, and turning it into a public battle, which is what most other teams do in those situations and a big reason other teams cant manage these divas as well as the Pats (usually) can

Bill just says ‘I’m not going to talk about that.  Lets talk about football’ and that’s that.  **** gets handled internally. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yes but 3 of them (4 really if you count DT injury history) aren't guaranteed? 

Which is more likely to occur. 

Josh Gordon plays 16 gms without getting popped with a Suspension?

Antonio Brown plays 16 gms without a single incident on or off the field through the media?

Gronk coming back in 2019?

When the last option is a player coming out of a Retirement as the most likely to occur, Might not be Rose's in Chocolate's.

Yeah, the reality is;

- It will be an achievement if Gordon plays even half the games (would be pleasantly surprised)

- Brown will be kicked out if he behaves the same way as he did in Oakland, Bill wouldn't find all that 'awesome'

- Gronk is categorically NOT coming back. People live in conspiracy land here. Have you seen him? He's now skinny, he's clearly happier, he's crying about memories of injures. He is NOT coming back.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hoping that AB can take the Patriots down from the inside. If not, then hopefully, someone will put a helmet on his knee and end his season early. 

They'll just cut him.

They're a very successful established business, with years and years of experience - one player wouldn't be allowed to take down the Patriots. Whilst he behaves like one, he isn't ACTUALLY a virus - you can just cut him in an instant and move on with zero risk. 

11 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Can’t post the vulgar tweet on here but look through Brown’s likes on twitter.

This man is human garbage 

Yea if he keeps doing stuff like that. Yeeesh. 

The”PG-13” version of what he liked:

”The most stupidest human popsicle on the planet he should never been hired as GM I hope Antonio Brown when his money in arbitration then everyone know Mike Mayock is a true prejudice ‘hole’ and he should be (something unspeakable) in the ‘backside’ then fire.”

• Like 1