Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, showtime said:

I swear I'm super hype right now.  As soon as I saw the Raiders released Antonio Brown, the first thought that went into my mind (and many people's minds) was for the Patriots to sign him.  Insanely stable team (Craft, Belichick and Brady) proven winners with the upmost respect.  I think Brown will at least be on his best behavior for a year.  He needs this really badly.  He's only on a one year deal, so he has a chance for one more massive pay day if he can act right and produce this year.

This is great.  I'm happy for Brown and the Patriots.

This dude is a psychopath.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

with a 9 million signing bonus it would be that 9 million plus x/17ths of the base salary with x being how many weeks he is on the team.

I have no idea if there is fine print about behavior or if the league puts back signing bonus money into your cap if you reclaim it.

I'd think more likely it would be very large print.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

I'd love to have heard the conversation between AB and BB.

Probably more "yes sir and no sir" than AB's used in his life.

I think anyone would have more respect for BB than the Corona hotline guy.

I'm not sure that Tomlin is a guy that his players really respect that much even after going to a pair of Super Bowls. (9 and 13 years ago)

If Brown is a guy that wants to be a Super Bowl MVP then he might show some respect for the guy who has taken 12 teams to the Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, Jaytrajik said:

So where does it stand on his dispute with the Raiders? He can't possibly go after the 30 mill in arbitration can he? 

The amount he could go for would be reduced by whatever he earns this season and next I think.

Ya’ll should research Phiseas Gage. In the 1800’s his frontal lope was separated by a railway pipe that exploded. Therefore for frontal cortex and his other lobe were not connected anymore. He was still a functioning human being but became toddler like in the way that he thought every human would be attacking him. He also would burst out his emotions as soon as he felt them because these lobes could no longer communicate. 

Could be what’s happening with Brown with CTE. Perhaps his frontal lobe and the other lobe no longer communicate but both function properly. 

AB is going to be a fascinating research subject. 

28 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He’ll file a grievance. 

And he will lose. There isn't an arbitrator in the world that will side with brown over the raiders. 

The verbiage used in the contract is designed to protect the team. It's not player friendly 

• Like 2