Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Hence my hesitation to this lasting.

I really do want to know if this was an act for Brown. For him, maybe with Drew, to have orchestrated this entire saga for 8 months, without his true intentions being known just to go to a contender. I don't think Brown is that smart, especially since he was risking losing a ton of money. Also, he couldn't select New England. Maybe a backhand deal happened late with Drew and the Patriots coming together seeing the writing on the wall with Oakland. Probably the last few days. Or the last 48 hours. Since why would Brown apologize if he knew he was going to the Patriots? Which is why I think once he got the green light the Patriots would pick him up, he asked for his release. 

Edited by PapaShogun

Just now, BayRaider said:

Starting up a class action lawsuit for people who bought AB jerseys when he never planned to play for the Raiders. Don’t wanna get legal stuff involved here, however, so don’t reply to this. 

Don’t waste your time. Raiders will likely offer an exchange of sorts.

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Thats not power, though.

The question is...since this was obviously a 'Im going to act crazy as ish so they have to release me then go join a team of my picking as a FA'--- Is this the first step to the NFL turning into the NBA with player freedom?

I freaking hope not but this just set a template on how to get to the team you want if there was one.

33 minutes ago, Soggust said:

As an AB owner in both of many Fantasy leagues and a Chiefs fan, I can not describe how amazing the past few days have been. 

Well fantasy wise you should be jumping for joy, no doubt. As a Chiefs fan though you should of hoped he stayed a Raider. Your SB chances just got a hole lot worse.

• Like 1