Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

The NY Post (i.e. NYJ fans primary read.....) is none too pleased.......

Patriots deserve hell for shameful Antonio Brown scheme

After the Raiders finally released the Diva Formerly Known as Antonio Brown on Saturday, the talented-but-troubled receiver shocking became available to sign with any NFL team as a free agent at exactly 4:01 p.m. Saturday.

Presumably, at 4:02 p.m., the NFL’s reigning reclamation project experts, the Patriots, called.

Shame on the Patriots. They should get what they deserve with Brown, which at the very least is a collective season-long migraine headache, but at the worst a team torn apart by the nonsensical distractions Browns brings with him.

Not even for Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the Patriots. The world of sports is full of enablers. Count the Patriots as the kings of the enablers today.

Enough already.

Haven’t teams seen enough of Brown’s act, which has included accidentally freezing his feet in an offseason cryotherapy session, threatening to retire because he wanted to wear his old helmet that was outlawed by the league for lack of safety, missing practices and meetings, inciting a verbal altercation in the middle of practice with his new general manager, then the clincher, that bizarre video he put out Friday exposing private telephone conversations with Gruden?

The NFL should be finished with Brown. The only endgame justice to this Brown story is that this all blows up on the Patriots.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spooky said:

Only because it's the Patriots 

I never would have thought that before this either, but when one team keeps winning and winning and the so-called "scandals" keep piling up, you have to start thinking that where there's smoke there's fire.  This move just reeks of treachery.

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yes but you compared his total dollars of this contract to the guaranteed dollars of another. That doesn’t make sense. 

Brown’s GTD dollars is $9M on this deal. Less than a third of the GTD dollars on a three-year deal (a deal in which the GTD dollars were virtually all in the first two years) he had in Oakland. 

His total dollars ($15M from NE) is 50% of his guaranteed money from Oakland.  

Some of you are grasping at straws. Anything short of this Idiot admitting this was orchestrated and he had been in contact before the release with the Patriots.  There is nothing that can be done! All circumstantial. No matter the optics!

Now to be clear AB is stupid enough to accidentally let that info drop in a PC, Instagram, Tweet, GD YouTube video. So it is possible. Otherwise nothing will occur. 

Assuming one caveat. AB and Drew were not stupid enough to talk via Text/Email!!!!!

Just now, Leader said:

The NFL should be finished with Brown. 

Considering they employee guys that beat women and children, AB is model citizen.

He is boosting ratings and creating drama, without hurting anyone, doing drugs or really doing anything but making himself look like a child. I'm sure they love AB right now.

1 minute ago, Spooky said:

So if any other team signed AB at around the same time it was announced he signed with the Pats, the same conversations would be happening?

Like I said in the other thread, it would for me. I don’t care where he signed, it’s absolutely ridiculous that he’s able to be signed by an NFL team after physically threatening a GM and calling him a racial slur. 

2 minutes ago, Spooky said:

So if any other team signed AB at around the same time it was announced he signed with the Pats, the same conversations would be happening?

Nope they would be laughed at not envy'd because a likely SB is yet again on the Horizon. 

Dark side Won Again. GD Sith Lord!!