Week 2 GDT: Giants vs. Bills @ 1:00pm EST

Giants4eva

I had to post up this up quick just to try and forget about the Cowboys game. Anyhow. Moving forward, this is a team i think we have an outside shot of beating. Ya top 3 defence, yada yada. I think its their offense that does not measure up. With the awful defensive play by our squad, i see them picking themselves up and producing alot better this week. The fire and brimstone that Bettcher will unleash on these guys during practices, team drills this week will probably be epic. I see this as being a big workload day for Saquon. We need him to be the superstar this coming weekend. Engram will need to bring it this week as well for us to have a shot. Gonna be a tight game, i think down to the final play. 

Giants  25 - Bills 22

• Like 1

We need to take control early and play our game. Can't get one dimensional against this defense, so we can't get down early. Biggest key on defense is containing Josh Allen. I'm not worried about him tearing us up through the air like Dak did, but he's dangerous running the ball. John Brown is also a legitimate deep threat. If I'm Bettcher, with all the miscommunication we had last week, I'm keeping it simple and having Tae Davis spy Allen and Bethea play center field all day. Keep everything in front, wait for Allen or the young RB to make a mistake. 

On offense, play our game. Our OL was moving Dallas's DL on Sunday, so there's no reason we can't do the same to Buffalo. If Saquon gets over 20 carries, we win this game. Buffalo has probably about the same level of defense Dallas has, but a much worse offense. We need to keep it close grind them out.

• Like 2

Watching back, our defensive woes can be mostly attributed to Antoine Bethea. For a captain and veteran, he played horribly. He bit on double moves, blew assignments, and took bad angles. He looked like Curtis Riley. Antonio Hamilton played horribly as well, but he shouldn't be playing CB at all. Tae Davis didn't play well either. Ogletree didn't play terribly, surprisingly.

Fixing communication issues will help a lot going into next week, but if the vets don't improve their level of play, replacing Bethea and Davis with Love and Connelly respectively may be necessary. Connelly played really well in limited snaps.

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Watching back, our defensive woes can be mostly attributed to Antoine Bethea. For a captain and veteran, he played horribly. He bit on double moves, blew assignments, and took bad angles. He looked like Curtis Riley. Antonio Hamilton played horribly as well, but he shouldn't be playing CB at all. Tae Davis didn't play well either. Ogletree didn't play terribly, surprisingly.

Fixing communication issues will help a lot going into next week, but if the vets don't improve their level of play, replacing Bethea and Davis with Love and Connelly respectively may be necessary. Connelly played really well in limited snaps.

Hoping on Connelly and Love to step in ASAP. They showed they belong in preseason. Wanna see what they can do when it counts now. They deserve the playing time. 

18 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Hoping on Connelly and Love to step in ASAP. They showed they belong in preseason. Wanna see what they can do when it counts now. They deserve the playing time. 

I agree that Connelly deserves it; Love is still a question mark. I was really happy with his improvement during the preseason, but I don't know if he is there yet. A lot is expected of the FS in Bettcher's scheme. Connelly has looked and played the part since day 1, from all accounts. He deserves to start next to Ogletree. Tae Davis is absolutely not the answer at $LB. He is way too hit or miss.

The Cowboys are a good team top to bottom. I'm not surprised we lost to them since we've struggled against that offensive line for years now.  But the Bills are a much more beatable opponent.  I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.  If we can make Josh Allen uncomfortable and get a couple turnovers, we can win this game.

32 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I think we give Eli fits all day and box up Saquon. Our defense is legit and if last week is any indication, our pass rush has caught up to rest of D.

I think we handle you guys convincingly and leave NY with back to back road wins

Bills 24

Giants 10

Keep in mind that Eli has beaten Brady twice in the Super Bowl.  Meanwhile, the Bills have 3 wins and 29 losses against Brady.  

Just some food for thought. 

5 hours ago, Gmen said:

Keep in mind that Eli has beaten Brady twice in the Super Bowl.  Meanwhile, the Bills have 3 wins and 29 losses against Brady.  

Just some food for thought. 

That has nothing to do with this game at all. 

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

Brady isn’t, but another future HOFer is. You’re not facing Sam Darnold this week. 

Do you honestly think that in this point in his career Eli is that much better than Darnold?? He's one bad game away from taking a seat to his successor. And that could very well be this game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

Do you honestly think that in this point in his career Eli is that much better than Darnold?? He's one bad game away from taking a seat to his successor. And that could very well be this game.

Well at the very least Eli doesn't have Mono...haha.

• Like 1

BUFFALO BILLS INJURIES
Player
Position
Injury
Practice Status
Game Status
Cole Beasley WR -- Did Not Participate In Practice --
Frank Gore RB -- Did Not Participate In Practice --
Taron Johnson CB -- Did Not Participate In Practice --
Andre Roberts WR -- Did Not Participate In Practice --
Lorenzo Alexander LB -- Full Participation in Practice --
John Brown WR -- Full Participation in Practice --
Attauyo Nsekhe T -- Full Participation in Practice --
Jordan Phillips DT -- Full Participation in Practice --
Tyler Kroft TE -- Limited Participation in Practice --
Levi Wallace CB -- Limited Participation in Practice --

NEW YORK GIANTS INJURIES
Player
Position
Injury
Practice Status
Game Status
Garrett Dickerson TE -- Did Not Participate In Practice --
Cody Latimer WR -- Did Not Participate In Practice --
Kareem Martin LB -- Did Not Participate In Practice --
Sterling Shepard WR -- Did Not Participate In Practice --
Darius Slayton WR -- Did Not Participate In Practice --
Markus Golden LB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Kevin Zeitler G -- Full Participation in Practice --
Dexter Lawrence DE -- Limited Participation in Practice --

On 9/11/2019 at 8:59 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

I think we give Eli fits all day and box up Saquon. Our defense is legit and if last week is any indication, our pass rush has caught up to rest of D.

I think we handle you guys convincingly and leave NY with back to back road wins

Bills 24

Giants 10

I think recency bias and level of competition the past game for both teams has you overrating yours and underrating ours. I don't see anything in this game going 'convincingly' one way or the other. The head coaches know each other too well and the teams are too evenly matched.

By the way, the only person who can actually box up Saquon is Pat Shurmur.

7 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I think recency bias and level of competition the past game for both teams has you overrating yours and underrating ours. I don't see anything in this game going 'convincingly' one way or the other. The head coaches know each other too well and the teams are too evenly matched.

By the way, the only person who can actually box up Saquon is Pat Shurmur.

Arguably the worst aerial attack in the league is going up against the top secondary in the league. Saquon better go beast mode 

• Like 1